The Buffalo Bills will make their first of two consecutive road trips to Florida in Week 14 with a 1:00 p.m. match-up at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday. Sunday’s game will mark the 10th regular season meeting between Buffalo and Tampa Bay, with the Buccaneers holding a 6-3 advantage in the series.
With a win over Tampa Bay on Sunday, Buffalo will:
• Defeat the Buccaneers for the second straight time (9/20/2009, W 33-20)
BILLS-BUCCANEERS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 3-6
• Bills on road at Buccaneers: 2-6
• Last meeting on road: 9/18/2005, L 3-19
• First regular season meeting: 9/26/1976, W 14-9 at Tampa Bay
• Last regular season meeting: 9/20/2009, W 33-20 at Buffalo
The Bills will make a return visit to Florida in Week 15 and face the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday, December 15 at 1:00 p.m.
Buffalo and Tampa Bay will meet for the 10th time in the regular season this week. The Bills are 3-6 all-time against the Buccaneers and won the last game against Tampa Bay (33-20, 9/20/2009 at Buffalo). Sunday’s game at Raymond James Stadium will mark the third meeting in the month of December between the two teams (0-2).
BILLS-BUCCANEERS SERIES HIGHS
Buccaneers: 128, Carnell Williams 9/18/2005 @ TB
Bills: 113, Pete Metzelaars 11/2/1986 @ TB
Buccaneers: 90, Kellen Winslow 9/20/2009 @ BUF
Bills: 342, Jim Kelly 11/2/1986 @ TB
Buccaneers: 296, Byron Leftwich 9/20/2009 @ BUF
• Buffalo OC/QB coach Nathaniel Hackett was an OQC coach for the Buccaneers from 2006-07.
• Bills WR coach Ike Hilliard played four seasons in Tampa Bay from 2005-08, totaling 178 catches for 1,767 yards and eight touchdowns.
• Bills OL Coach Pat Morris held the same position with Tampa Bay during the 2011 season.
• Bills RB Coach Tyrone Wheatley was a NFL Minority Coaching Fellow with the Buccaneers in July of 2006.
• Tampa Bay K Rian Lindell was a member of the Bills from 2003-12 and is second all-time in franchise history for most field goals.
• Buccaneers OT Jamon Meredith played eight games for the Bills in his rookie season in 2009 and two games in 2010.
• Tampa Bay STC Dave Wannstedt was the DC for the Bills in 2012 and inside linebackers coach in 2011.
• Buccaneers WR Coach John Garrett played for the Bills in 1991.
• Buffalo LS
• Bucs DE Steven Means was born and raised in Buffalo. He went to Grover Cleveland High School and played at SUNY Buffalo from 2008-12.
• Buffalo OL Coach Pat Morris coached the O-Line in Tampa in 2011 and helped Bucs OG Davin Joseph earn his second trip to the Pro Bowl.
• Bills WR Coach Ike Hilliard was the assistant WR Coach for the Miami Dolphins in 2011 while Bucs DC Bill Sheridan was the LB coach.
• Bills LB
•Lawson also teamed up with Bucs S Dashon Goldson in San Francisco from 2007-10.
• Buffalo OG
• Tampa Bay OG Carl Nicks played under Bills HC Doug Marrone in 2008 while Marrone was the offensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints.
• Tampa Bay DB Darrelle Revis played under Bills DC Mike Pettine when they were both with the New York Jets from 2009-12.
• Revis played with Bills LB
• Bills DT
• Bills RB
• Bills QB
• Bills DB
• Bills WR
• Bills LB Jamaal Westerman played under Bucs HCGreg Schiano at Rutgers. He was joined there by Tampa Bay DT Gary Gibson, RB Brian Leonard and WR Tiquan Unerwood.
• Bills OG
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
QB EJ Manuel
• One touchdown pass to match a franchise record among rookie signal callers (Dennis Shaw: 1970, 10)
• Eight pass completions to surpass Trent Edwards (152, 2007) for the second-most among Bills rookie quarterbacks
• 36 passing yards to move into second in team history among rookie quarterbacks (Trent Edwards: 2007, 1,630)
RB C.J. Spiller
• 99 rushing yards to move into 10th in team history (Jim Braxton, 2,842)
• 11 receiving yards to reach 1,000 in his NFL career
RB Fred Jackson
• One rushing score to tie Travis Henry for fifth in team history (27)
• 74 yards from scrimmage to record 1,000 in 2013
• 136 rushing yards to become the third player in team history with 5,000
• Will extend his current streak of consecutive games with a catch to 59 with a reception at Tampa Bay
• Needs four catches to post his fourth straight 50-reception season
• Five receptions to tally 300 in his NFL career and to become the seventh player in team history with 300 catches
• Seven catches to match Pete Metzelaars (302) for sixth-most in Bills record books
• 11 yards to match Peerless Price (3,772) for ninth in team history
WR T.J. Graham
• One reception to reach 50 in his NFL career
• Will match Reuben Grant (15) for third-most touchdown catches among Bills tight ends all-time with his next scoring grab
• Three catches to record a personal single-season high (43, 2012)
• Nine receiving yards to become the first Bills tight end with back-to-back 500 receiving yard campaigns
• Will match Bruce Smith’s 1989 campaign of 13.0 sacks for the ninthmost quarterback takedowns in a season among Bills with his next sack
• 2.0 sacks to match a personal single-season best of 14.0 (2007)
• Five tackles to match a career-high of 35 in 2010
• 2.0 sacks to record the first double-digit sack season of his NFL career
• Two interceptions to match a franchise record among rookie linebackers set by Mike Stratton in 1962 (6)
• Will tie George Saimes (22) for the 10th most interceptions in Bills history with his next pick
• One multi-interception game to become the second Bill with six multiinterception games (Tom Janik - 6)
• Two field goals to match Mike Hollis (25, 2002) for the eighth-most in a single-season in team history
• Five points to record the fifth season of his NFL career with at least 100 points