Sunday’s game will mark the 96th regular season meeting between Buffalo and Miami, with the Dolphins holding a 56-38-1 advantage in the series. With a win over Miami on Sunday, Buffalo will:
• Sweep the regular season series against Miami for the 12th time in series history and first since 2007
BILLS-DOLPHINS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 38-56-1
• Bills at home vs. Dolphins: 22-25
• Last meeting at home: 11/15/2012, W 19-14
• First regular season meeting: 19/18/1966, W 58-24 at Buffalo
• Last regular season meeting: 10/20/2013, W 23-21 at Miami
The Bills will travel to New Engand in their final game of the 2013 season in Week 17 on Sunday, December 28. Kickoff is 1:00 p.m.
Buffalo and Miami will meet for the 96th time in the regular season this week. The Bills are 38-56-1 all-time against the Dolphins and won last year’s home contest vs. Miami, 19-14. Sunday’s game will mark the 10th regular season home game for Buffalo against Miami in the month of December (5-4).
BILLS-DOLPHINS SERIES HIGHS
Bills: 203, O.J. Simpson 12/5/1976 @ MIA
Dolphins: 228, Ricky Williams 12/1/2002 @ BUF
Bills: 196, Eric Moulds 11/25/2001 @ BUF
Dolphins: 238, Chris Chambers 12/4/2005 @ MIA
Bills: 419, Joe Ferguson 10/9/1983 @ MIA
Dolphins: 404, Dan Marino 11/16/1986 @ BUF
• Buffalo HC Doug Marrone played for Miami during the 1987 season.
• Bills WR Coach Ike Hilliard was the Assistant WR coach for Miami in 2011.
• Bills K
• Buffalo WR
• Miami LB Coach George Edwards was the Defensive Coordinator for the Bills from 2010-11.
• Dolphins Defensive Assistant Jeff Burris was a first-round draft selection of Buffalo in 1994 and played four seasons with the Bills.
• Several Bills players return to their home state of Florida: LB
• Bills QB Thad Lewis was a Cleveland Browns teammate of Dolphins’ DB Dimitri Patterson from 2011-12.
• Bills LB
• Dolphins DC Kevin Coyle was a member of the Bengals’ coaching staff while Bills LB
• Buffalo OL
• Bills S
• Bills RB C.J. Spiller and Dolphins S Chris Clemons played on opposite sides of the ball for Clemson from 2006-08.
• Bills RB Tashard Choice and Dolphins LB Phillip Wheeler were teammates at Georgia Tech from 2005-07.
• Bills OL
• Bills K Dan Carpenter and Dolphins S Jimmy Wilson played together at the University of Montana from 2004-06.
• Bills S
• Bills S
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
• 18 passing yards to record 2,000 in his rookie season and to become the second rookie quarterback in team history to reach the mark (Dennis Shaw: 2,507)
RB C.J. Spiller
• 10 rushing yards to move into 10th in team history (Jim Braxton, 2,842) and 100 to move into ninth (Anotwain Smith, 2,833)
• 167 rushing yards to reach 3,000 in his NFL career and to become the sixth player in Bills histoy to reach 3,000 rushing and 1,000 receiving yards with the team
• One rushing score to tie Travis Henry for fifth in team history (27)
• 44 rushing yards to become the third player in team history with 5,000
• Will extend his current streak of consecutive games with a catch to 61 with a grab vs. Miami
• Two catches to pass Pete Metzelaars (302) for sixth-most in Bills record books
• 168 receiving yards to move into eighth in team history and to become the eighth Bill with 4,000 receiving yards
• One reception to reach 50 in his NFL career
• Four receptions to become the seventh rookie in team histoy to record 40 in their freshman campaign and first since 2004 (Lee Evans, 48)
• 10 receiving yards to reach 500 in his rookie season and to become the eighth rookie in team history to record 500
• With a catch on Sunday, will match Reuben Grant (31) for the most consecutive games by a Bills tight end with a reception
• Will match Reuben Grant (15) for third-most touchdown catches among Bills tight ends all time with his next scoring grab
• Two catches to post his first 50-reception season and to mark the second by a Bills tight end (Jay Riemersma, 53 in 2001)
• Needs three receiving yards to set a personal single-season best (571 in 2012)
• 31 receiving yards to post 600 in 2013 and to mark the first such season - fourth overall - by a Bills tight end since 1993 (Pete Metzelaars, 609)
• 3.5 sacks to post 30.0 in his NFL career
• 1.0 sack to post 20.0 in his NFL career
• Will match Bruce Smith’s 1989 campaign of 13.0 sacks for the ninth-most quarterback takedowns in a season among Bills with his next sack
• One pass break-up to set a single-season high (4 in 2006, 2012 and 2013)
• 2.0 sacks to match a personal single-season best of 14.0 (2007)
• Two tackles to match a career-high of 35 in 2010
DE Jerry Hughes
• 1.0 sack to record the first double-digit sack season of his NFL career
LB Manny Lawson
• Two tackles to set a career-high (67 in 2009)
LB Kiko Alonso
• Two interceptions to match a franchise record among rookie linebackers set by Mike Stratton in 1962 (6)
FS Jairus Byrd
• Will tie Booker Edgerson, Steve Freeman and Nate Clements (23) for the seventh most interceptions in Bills history with his next pick
• One multi-interception game to become the second Bill with six multi-interception games (Tom Janik - 6)
• Will play in his 189th game with the Bills on Sunday to break a tie with LB Darryl Talley for the fifth-most games played in team history
K Dan Carpenter
• Three field goals made to reach 30 in 2013 and for the second time in his NFL career (30 in 2010). Will also become the eighth player in Bills history with 30 or more field goals made.