Fans encouraged to arrive early, Abbott Road closure, new Tailgate Party and more...
Bills fans that are coming to Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sunday will have lots to cheer about. The team is coming off a 41-7 opening week victory at Kansas City and will play their home opener on September 18 vs. the Oakland Raiders (1-0). Kickoff is 1:00 p.m., the game is sold out, and early weather reports predict a great day at One Bills Drive.
The Bills hope to continue their on-field success this weekend, and Bills fans are urged to Lead the Charge with their support of the team both on and off the field. The Bills recommend that fans arrive early and enjoy all of the pregame festivities that are in place for the home opener.
Game Day reminders are listed below: (Important policy and arrival information)
- 1. Abbott Road Limited Access: As a reminder to fans, in an effort to improve traffic flow and fan safety at Ralph Wilson Stadium, Abbott Road will be closed to all vehicle traffic on game days between the south entrance of Lot B and the north entrance of Lot C. Please click here for a Suggested Routes map going to Ralph Wilson Stadium.
- 2. Arrive Early: Fans are urged to plan their tailgating strategy in advance and avoid parking issues and traffic delays.
- 3. Parking lots now open at 9:00 a.m. (Four hours prior to the 1:00 p.m. kickoff).
- 4. Stadium gates for entry into the game open at 11:30 a.m. Fans that arrive at the gates closer to kickoff time will experience delays and may miss all of the pregame festivities and possibly the Bills kickoff as well.
- 5. Enhanced pat-down procedure The new procedure is a recommendation from the NFL in accordance with the league’s Best Practices policies and will be performed by Stadium security staff at the gate entries. This will include a knee to ankle pat-down in an effort to enhance the security and safety for fans at the game.
- 6. Ralph Wilson Stadium has joined the growing number of major league sports facilities in adopting a smoke-free policy. There is no smoking permitted at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
- 7. For all Stadium related questions, fans can visit buffalobills.com.
Bills pregame activities include: (Here is what’s happening)
- 1. Shredd & Ragan Tailgate Party – Located in parking lot C of Ralph Wilson Stadium behind the scoreboard. Shredd & Ragan from 103.3 The Edge will host their live Bills pregame show beginning at 10:00 a.m. Nashville recording artist Ricky Lee will have a high-energy performance on stage with his full concert band. The Jills Cheerleaders will also perform their dance routine, the Jills and Billy Buffalo will be available for photos, and Bills partners will be on-hand showcasing their products and serving food and beverage.
- 2. Gate Giveaway – The first 50,000 fans to enter the stadium gates will receive a complimentary Phil Hansen Wall of Fame Induction Ceremony commemorative player card sponsored by Fichte, Endl & Elmer eyecare.
- 3. Buffalo Bills Alumni and Wounded Warriors – The Bills Alumni Association has dedicated their main charitable cause to the Wounded Warriors project in honor of America’s heroes. Some members of the Wounded Warriors will be introduced on the field before halftime to honor and thank them for their sacrifice and service to our country. Alumni and on-field guests will wave their blue Bills and Roswell Park prostate cancer awareness rally flags.
- 4. Leader of the Charge – Bills future Hall of Fame wide receiver Andre Reed will join a United Way winner to be the “Leader of the Charge” and wave the Bills flag on top of the M&T Bank tunnel endzone for Bills player introductions.
- 5. National Anthem – Nashville recording artist Ricky Lee will perform the National Anthem.
- 6. Flyover – The United States Air Force will conduct a “flyover” during pregame.
- 7. Buffalo Jills Cheerleaders – The Jills will perform their dance routine.
Bills half-time show: (Fans will be asked to remain in their seats)
- 1. PHIL HANSEN WALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY – Three time AFC Champion Phil Hansen will become the 27th Member of the Bills Wall of Fame in what promises to be an emotional half-time show.
- 2. SUPER FOCUS FAN CAM presented by Fichte, Endl & Elmer – A high-definition photo will be taken - a five-billion pixel panoramic image - from the center of the field. Fans will be asked to remain in their seats for the half-time photo. Following the game on Buffalobills.com, fans will be able to “step inside” the panoramic image and look around, zoom in to find themselves or friends, and tag their image to share with friends and family through social media.
Bills post-game: (Bills Radio shows and parking and traffic exit maps)
- Tune in to 97 Rock or 103.3 The Edge and listen to the Bills postgame radio show. Live from the field and locker room...Player interviews, Coach Gailey, traffic updates and more.
- Please click here for an Exiting Parking Lot map and to reference the location of the road closing.
- Please click here for a Post-Game Traffic Patterns map.
- Abbott Road Limited Access: Following the game, northbound traffic on Abbott Road will not be able to make any turns on Southwestern Boulevard and will be directed straight through the intersection heading towards Milestrip. Following the game, southbound traffic on Abbott Road will only be able to turn right onto Big Tree Road or go straight through the intersection (no left turn).
The Buffalo Bills appreciate the feedback from the fans and will continue to investigate and review ways to improve the fan experience and strive to make Ralph Wilson Stadium a safe, clean and fun environment for all fans.