· Alonso, a second-round selection out of Oregon, tied for an NFL-best with four interceptions in September.
· Alonso finished September with 32 tackles (tied for NFL-best), one sack, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and four passes defensed.
· In Week 4 against Baltimore, Alonso posted two interceptions and became only the fourth rookie to have two interceptions against a defending Super Bowl champion.
· Alonso’s four interceptions tie for the most ever by a linebacker in September in one season (JOHN ANDERSON, CHUCK HOWLEY and JACK LAMBERT).
· He recorded an interception in three of four games during the month. Registered five takeaways in September.
· He is the first rookie linebacker in team history to record an interception in three consecutive games.
· Has helped the Bills register an NFL-best nine interceptions this season.
· Alonso is only the second Bills rookie linebacker to register four interceptions in a season (MIKE STRATTON, six in 1962)
· Alonso is the sixth Bills player to be named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month. He is the first Bill to win the award since JAIRUS BYRD in 2009 (October).
Alonso is the sixth Bills rookie to earn the monthly honor and first since S
WR De Andre Hopkins of the Houston Texans was named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month.