The Buffalo Bills will return to Ralph Wilson Stadium in Week Six of the 2013 NFL season with a 1:00 p.m. game against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, October 13th. Sunday’s game will mark the 26th regular season meeting between Buffalo and Cincinnati with the Bills having won 10 of their previous 11 meetings against the Bengals.
With a win over Cincinnati on Sunday, Buffalo will:
• Win three home games in a row for the first time since 2011 (four games)
• Defeat the Bengals for the seventh consecutive time at Ralph Wilson Stadium
BILLS-BENGALS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 15-10
• Bills at home vs. Bengals: 9-3
• Last meeting at home: 11/4/2007, W 33-21
• First regular season meeting: 9/22/1968, L 23-34 at Cincinnati
• Last regular season meeting: 10/2/2011, L 20-23 at Cincinnati (pictured)
Buffalo will return to the road for the first of two back-to-back road games with a Week Seven match-up at the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, October 20. Kick off is 1:00 p.m.
Buffalo and Cincinnati will meet for the 26th time in the regular season today. The Bills are 15-10 all-time against the Bengals, including having won 10 of the previous 11 meetings.
Sunday’s game will mark the 13th regular season home game for Buffalo in their series against Cincinnati (9-3).
BILLS-BENGALS SERIES HIGHS
Bills: 197, O.J. Simpson 11/17/1975 @ CIN
Bengals: 141, Harold Green 10/21/1991 @ BUF
Bills: 220, James Lofton 10/21/1991 @ BUF
Bengals: 156, Billy Brooks 9/9/1979 @ BUF
Bills: 392, Jim Kelly 10/21/1991 @ BUF
Bengals: 447, Ken Anderson 11/17/1975 @ CIN
• Bills LB
• Buffalo C
• Bengals OL Coach Paul Alexander is a native of Rochester, N.Y., where the Bills training camp home, St. John Fisher, is located.
• Bills DE
• Bills LB Manny Lawson and Bengals S Taylor Mays manned the defense in San Francisco together in 2010.
• Bills TE
• Choice was also Cowboys teammates with Bengals CB Adam Jones in 2008.
• Choice played on the Redskins offense alongside Bengals TE Richard Quinn in 2011.
• In 2009, Bengals LB James Harrison was Steelers teammates with Bills OL
• Bills DL
• From 2010-11, Bills DE
• From 2005-08, Bills Head S&C coach Eric Ciano was Georgia Tech’s Director of Player Development while Bengals DE Michael Johnson was a student-athlete.
• Bills LB Coach Chuck Driesbach and Bengals C Kyle Cook were members of the Michigan State Spartans in 2005-06. Driesbach served as the Spartans’ CB coach, while Cook played guard.
• Bengals TE Alex Smith played for Bills OC/QB coach Nathaniel Hackett at Stanford from 2004-05. Hackett was Stanford’s Assistant to Off. and Def. Coordinators.
• Bills QB
• Bills DT
• Bills RB Tashard Choice squared off against Bengals DE Michael Johnson during college practices at Georgia Tech.
• Bills T
• Bills DL Alan Branch and Bengals CB Leon Hall played on the same defense at Michigan from 2004-06.
• Bills SS Da’Norris Searcy and Bengals WR Brandon Tate played for UNC in 2008.
• Bills LB
• Bills CB
• Buffalo G Kraig Urbik and Bengals G Kevin Zeitler anchored Wisconsin’s offensive line in 2008.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
QB Thad Lewis
• Will make the second start of his NFL career (12/30/02 at Pittsburgh)
RB C.J. Spiller
• One 100-yard rushing game for his eighth such game and to break a tie for sole possession of eighth-most in team history (Antowain Smith, 7)
• 86 receiving yards to record 1,000 in his career
• 116 rushing yards to reach 2,500 in his career
RB Fred Jackson
• One rushing touchdown to move into a tie with Willis McGhaee for eighth-most in team history (24)
• 95 receiving yards to join Thurman Thomas (11,938 / 4,341) as the second player in team history to post 4,000 rushing and 2,000 receiving
• Will extend his current streak of consecutive games with a catch to 54 with a reception on Sunday
• 10 catches to move into 10th in team history (Jerry Butler - 278)
• 11 receiving yards to reach 3,500 in his career
• 87 receiving yards to move into 10th in Bills history (Josh Reed: 3,575)
• Will set a team rookie record for consecutive games with a 20-yard catch on Sunday of five games
TE Scott Chandler
• Two touchdown catches to match Reuben Grant (15) for third-most among Bills tight ends all-time
• Will make the 100th start of his NFL career on Sunday
DE Mario Williams
• 2.5 sacks to record 10.0 in 2013 to record his fourth double-digit sack season and in back-to-back campaigns
DT Marcell Dareus
• 1.0 sack to tally 15.0 in his NFL career
• Two interceptions to match a franchise record among rookie linebackers set by Mike Stratton in 1963 (6)
• Six tackles to record 50 in his rookie season
• Will set a personal single-season best of two interceptions with his next pick (1 in 2011, 2012 and 2013)
• One multi-interception game to become the third Bill with five multi-pick games (Tom Janik - 6 and Billy Atkins - 5)
• 36 punt return yards to move into fourth in team history (Kevin Williams - 700)