Sunday’s game will mark the 95th regular season meeting between Buffalo and Miami with the Dolphins owning a 31-15-1 home record against the Bills in South Florida.
With a win over Miami on Sunday, Buffalo will:
• Win their first game in Miami since 2010 (12/19, 17-14)
BILLS-DOLPHINS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 37-56-1
• Bills on road at Dolphins: 15-31-1
• Last meeting on road: 12/23/2012, L 10-24
• First regular season meeting: 9/18/1966, W 58-24 at Buffalo
• Last regular season meeting: 12/23/2012, L 10-24
Buffalo will travel to New Orleans in Week Eight for the team’s second of two consecutive road trips with a match-up at the Saints on Sunday, October 27 at 1 p.m.
Buffalo and Miami will meet for the 95th time in the regular season this week. The Bills are 37-56-1 all-time against the Dolphins. This week’s game will mark the 48th regular season road game for Buffalo in their series against Miami (15-31-1). The two teams have squared off 25 previous times in the month of October (9-15-1).
BILLS-DOLPHINS SERIES HIGHS
Bills: 203, O.J. Simpson 12/5/1976 @ MIA
Dolphins: 228, Ricky Williams 12/1/2002 @ BUF
Bills: 196, Eric Moulds 11/25/2001 @ BUF
Dolphins: 238, Chris Chambers 12/4/2005 @ MIA
Bills: 419, Joe Ferguson 10/9/1983 @ MIA
Dolphins: 404, Dan Marino 11/16/1986 @ BUF
• Buffalo HC Doug Marrone played for Miami during the 1987 season.
• Bills WR Coach Ike Hilliard was the Assistant WR coach for the Miami in 2011.
• Bills K
• Buffalo WR
• Miami LB Coach George Edwards was the Defensive Coordinator for the Bills from 2010-11.
• Dolphins Defensive Assistant Jeff Burris was a first-round draft selection of Buffalo in 1994 and played four seasons with the Bills (1994-97).
• Dolphins G Richie Incognito started the final three games of the 2009 season for the Bills at right guard after being claimed off waivers from St. Louis.
• Several Bills players return to their home state of Florida: LB
• Bills QB Thad Lewis was a Cleveland Browns teammate of Dolphins’ DB Dimitri Patterson from 2011-12.
• Bills LB
• Dolphins DC Kevin Coyle was a member of the Bengals’ coaching staff while Bills LB
• Buffalo OL
• Bills S
• Bills RB C.J. Spiller and Dolphins S Chris Clemons played on opposite sides of the ball for Clemson from 2006-08.
• Bills RB
• Bills OL
• Bills OL Colin Brown and Dolphins TE Michael Egnew were both on the 2008 Missouri Tigers squad.
• Bills K Dan Carpenter and Dolphins S Jimmy Wilson played together at the University of Montana from 2004-06.
• Bills S
• Bills S Da’Norris Searcy and Dolphins DT Marvin Austin entered the University of North Carolina together in 2007 and played all four years for the Tar Heels through 2010.
• Bills S
• Bills LB
• Bills CB
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
QB Thad Lewis
• 80 passing yards for 500 in his NFL career
• Two passing touchdowns to tally five in his NFL career
RB C.J. Spiller
• One 100-yard rushing game for his eighth such game and to break a tie for sole possession of eighth-most in team history (Antowain Smith, 7)
• 22 rushing yards to move into 12th in team history (Kenneth Davis: 2,460)
• 61 rushing yards to reach 2,500 in his career
• 75 receiving yards to record 1,000 in his career
• One rushing touchdown to move into a tie with Willis McGhaee for eighth-most in team history (24)
• 82 receiving yards to join Thurman Thomas (11,938 / 4,341) as the second player in team history to post 4,000 rushing and 2,000 receiving yards
• Will extend his current streak of consecutive games with a catch to 54 with a reception on Sunday
• 10 catches to move into 10th in team history (Jerry Butler - 278)
• 11 receiving yards to reach 3,500 in his career
• 87 receiving yards to move into 10th in Bills history (Josh Reed: 3,575)
• Sunday’s game will mark the 50th game played of his NFL career
• Will match Reuben Grant (15) for third-most among touchdown catches among Bills tight ends all-time with his next scoring grab
• 2.0 sacks to reach 10.0 in 2013 to mark the fourth double-digit sack season of his NFL career and for the second straight year
• 1.5 sacks to match single-season personal bests of 5.5 in 2011 and 2012
LB Kiko Alonso
• Two interceptions to match a franchise record among rookie linebackers set by Mike Stratton in 1963 (6)
• Nine tackles to record 75 in his rookie campaign
• Will set a personal single-season best of two interceptions with his next pick (1 in 2011, 2012 and 2013)
FS Jairus Byrd
• One multi-interception game to become the third Bill with five multi-pick games (Tom Janik - 6 and Billy Atkins - 5)
K Dan Carpenter
• Will match Scott Norwood (13 - 9/4/88-10/2/88) for the fourth-longest consecutive field goals made streak if he connects on his next try
• 26 punt return yards to move into fourth in team history (Kevin Williams - 700)