The Buffalo Bills will return to Ralph Wilson Stadium in Week Four when they welcome the defending Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens for a 1:00 PM ET contest on Sunday, September 29th.
Sunday’s game will mark the sixth regular season meeting between Buffalo and Baltimore.
With a win over the Ravens on Sunday, the Bills will:
• Win back-to-back home games for the first time since 2011 (Weeks 2-3)
BILLS-RAVENS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 2-3
• Bills at home vs. Ravens: 1-0
• Last meeting at home: 10/21/07, W 19-14
• First regular season meeting: 10/31/1999, W 13-10 at Baltimore
• Last regular season meeting: 10/24/2010, L 34-37 at Baltimore
Buffalo will travel to Cleveland for a Week Five Thursday Night Football game at the Browns on Thursday, October 3rd at 8:25 PM ET.
Buffalo and Baltimore will meet for the sixth time in the regular season this week. The Bills are 2-3 in their previous five meetings against the Ravens.
Sunday’s game will mark the second regular season home game for Buffalo against Baltimore, with the Bills earning a 19-14 win in the Ravens’ previous trip to Ralph Wilson Stadium in 2007.
BILLS-RAVENS SERIES HIGHS
Bills: 84, Marshawn Lynch 10/21/2007 @ BUF
Ravens: 114, Willis McGahee 10/21/2007 @ BUF
Ravens: 92, Anquan Boldin 10/24/2010 @ BAL
Bills: 382, Ryan Fitzpatrick 10/24/2010 @ BAL
Ravens: 250, Joe Flacco 10/24/2010 @ BAL
• Bills DC Mike Pettine spent seven years with the Ravens from 2002-08, spending time as a Coaching and Video Assistant, a Coaching Assistant/Quality Control, a Defensive Assistant and then as the Outside Linebackers coach.
• Bills DB Coach Donnie Henderson was the Asst. DB coach for the Ravens in 1999 and the DB Coach from 2000-03.
• Bills DL Coach Anthony Weaver was drafted in the second-round of the 2002 draft by the Ravens and played there from 2002-05.
• Ravens Run Game Coordinator Juan Castillo spent a summer interning with the Bills in 1992.
• Bills DB Coach Donnie Henderson is a native of Baltimore, MD.
• Ravens CB Corey Graham is a native of Buffalo, NY and attended Turner Carroll High School
• Bills DC Mike Pettine coached Ravens OLB Terrell Suggs from 2003-08.
• Bills DE
• Bills RB
• Bills LB
• Bills S
• Bills HC Doug Marrone coached Ravens DE Arthur Jones at Syracuse while serving as the head coach of the Orange in 2009.
• Bills OQC coach Kurt Anderson spent the 2007 season as a graduate assistant coach for the offensive line at Michigan where he worked under Andy Moeller, now the offensive line coach for the Ravens
• Buffalo LB
• Bills DT
• Bills OT
• Bills TE
• Bills DT
• Bills OL
• Bills S Da’Norris Searcy and Ravens RB Shaun Draughn were North Carolina teammates.
• Bills S
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
• One touchdown pass to break a tie with Joe Ferguson (1973 - 4) for the third-most among Bills rookie quarterbacks in a single-season
• Ten completions to move into fourth among Bills rookie quarterbacks (Joe Ferguson, 1973: 73)
• 29 completed throws to move into third among Bills rookie quarterbacks (Dan Darragh, 1968: 92)
• 229 passing yards to surpass Dan Darragh (917, 1968) for fourth-most among Bills rookie quarterbacks and 251 to move into third (Joe Ferguson, 1973: 939)
• One 100-yard rushing game for his eighth such game and to break a tie for sole possession of eighth-most in team history (Antowain Smith, 7)
• 86 receiving yards to record 1,000 in his career
RB Fred Jackson
• 46 rushing yards to surpass Joe Cribbs (4,445) for third in team history
WR Stevie Johnson
• Is scheduled to make the 50th start of his career on Sunday
• Will extend his current streak of consecutive games with a catch to 52 with a reception on Sunday
• Four catches to move into 11th in team history (Frank Lewis - 269)
• 29 receiving yards to reach 3,500 in his career
• 105 receiving yards to move in 10th in team history (Josh Reed: 3,575)
TE Scott Chandler
• Two touchdown catches to match Reuben Grant (15) for third-most among Bills tight ends all-time
• Six catches to record 100 in his NFL career
DE Mario Williams
• 2.0 sacks to register 70.0 in his NFL career
DT Kyle Williams
• 0.5 a sack to become the 11th Bill with 20 or more in their career
DE Manny Lawson
• Will play in the 100th game of his NFL career on Sunday
• Will set a personal single-season best of two interceptions with his next pick
(1 in 2011, 2012 and 2013)
DB Jim Leonhard
• One interception to record the 10th of his NFL career
• One multi-interception game to become the third Bill with five multi-pick games (Tom Janik - 6 and Billy Atkins - 5)
• Will record his 135th career field goal made with his next successful kick
• Four punts inside-the-20 to move into eighth in team history (Rusty Jackson - 33)
• 45 punt return yards to move into fourth in team history (Kevin Williams - 700)