Signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on December 7th… joined the Bills’ practice squad on October 18th after being released from the New York Jets’ practice squad on October 12th… entered the NFL as a third-round (96th overall) draft choice of the Redskins in 2008.
• Started a career-best 12 games, appeared in all 16 -- part of offense that allowed a league-best 23 sacks in 2011 and ranked fifth in the NFL (first in the AFC) with 4.9 yards per rush.
• 23 sacks allowed are the third-fewest in a Bills 16-game season
• At KC (9/11): saw action at left guard in the fourth quarter
• Entered the game in the second quarter at right guard for Kraig Urbik vs. OAK (9/18) and played the remainder of the contest... part of an offensive line that held the Raiders to zero sacks and blocked for 217 rushing yards
• Vs. NE (9/25): recorded his first start with the Bills at right guard ... part of an offensive line that did not allow a sack and offense gained 448 net yards
• at CIN (10/2): started at RG for the second straight week
• vs. PHI (10/9): saw action primarily on special teams
• at NYG (10/16): saw action primarily on special teams before filling in at LG for A. Levitre, who moved to LT for an injured Chris Hairston in the 4th quarter
• vs. WAS (10/30): started at LG, helped block for rushing game that produced 138 yards and RB Fred Jackson’s third straight 100-yard game and fifth this season
• vs. NYJ (11/6): started at LG, offense did not allow a sack
• at DAL (11/13): started at LG ... Helped paved the way for Fred Jackson’s sixth 100-yard game of the season and held Dallas to one sack
• at MIA (11/20): started at LG
• at NYJ (11/27): started at RG
• vs. TEN (12/4): started at RG
• at SD (12/11): started at RG
• vs. MIA (12/18): started at RG
• vs. DEN (12/24): started at RG
• at NE (1/1): started at RG
Played in the final four games of the season after being signed to the 53-man roster on December 7th... started three of his four games at right guard
• Promoted to the 53-man roster on December 7th after spending a portion of the season on the practice squads of the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills
• Vs. CLE (12/12): Played in first game this season and first as a Buffalo Bill...spelled for G Cordaro Howard on the offensive line
• At MIA (12/19): Started his first game as a Buffalo Bill at right guard and first of the season
• Vs. NE (12/26): Started his second consecutive game at right guard...helped block for RB Fred Jackson to post 81 yards on 13 carries
• At NYJ (1/2): Started at right guard in his third straight game and played in his fourth game this season
2009 w/ WSAHINGTON
• Played and started at guard at DET (9/27), vs. TB (10/4), vs. DEN (11/15) and at DAL (11/23)
• Made his first career start at guard at DET (9/27)
• Suffered a fractured fibula at DAL (11/23) and placed on Injured Reserve (11/24)
2008 w/ WASHINGTON
• Was inactive for each of the first 13 games and was active, but did not dress in the final three games
Appeared in 47 games with 44 starts at left tackle at Northern Iowa… named a consensus FCS All-American and first-team All-Gateway Conference selection… recognized as a finalist for the Draddy Trophy, an award that acknowledges an individual as the absolute best in the country for his combined academic success, football performance and exemplary community leadership… collected 103 knockdown blocks, 17 touchdown-resulting blocks and 12 downfield blocks while starting 13 games in 2007… started 11 games in junior season at left tackle and received second-team All-America honors by The NFL Draft Report, Sports Network and the Associated Press… also named to the All-Gateway Conference first-team and All-Northwest Region first-team from Football Gazette… as a sophomore earned an All-Gateway Conference first-team selection and second-team All-Northwest Region honors from Football Gazette while starting 15 games at left tackle and helping an offense that averaged 400.5 yards per game in total offense, including 163.7 rushing yards…. named third-team freshman All-American by The Gridiron Report… started the first five games of his freshman season before undergoing a laparoscopic appendectomy and returning as a reserve for the final three games
Gained recognition as an All-State second-team performer during his junior and senior campaigns at Boone (Boone, IA) High School… named first-team All-District during his final two seasons… member of the track team and qualified for the state finals in the discuss…. majored in sports psychology at Northern Iowa… spent an afternoon preparing meals at the DC Central Kitchen as part of the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation’s “Tackle Hunger with the Redskins” event… joined the US Marine Corps Toys for Tots and the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation in handing out toys to underserved youth.
The Offensive Line teamed up with Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Erie County to take 20 young men holiday shopping in December. Chad was amongst the group of players that gave an unforgettable experience to the young men.
Chad supported the Teammates For Kids Foundation this year by attending their annual dinner held in November. Chad, along with his other teammates, has supported the cause which was co-founded by Garth Brooks and Bo Mitchell 6 years ago.