Drafted in the first round (16th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft … The third quarterback ever selected in the first round by the Bills (Jim Kelly – 1983, J.P. Losman – 2004) … is the eighth player from Florida State in Buffalo draft history … The fourth player ever selected by Buffalo with the 16th overall pick.
• The Bills 2013 first round selection (16th overall) finished the year starting 10 games and throwing for 1,972 yards on 180-306 passing with 11 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Manuel set Bills rookie records for most passing touchdowns and most completions in a season.
• vs. NE (9/8): Made his first career start, only the fourth rookie to start a season opener for the Bills, throwing for 150 yards and two scores by completing 18-of-27 pass attempts ... Added 23 yards rushing ... First Bills rookie to throw a touchdown pass in a season opener ... Tied QB Dan Darragh for the most passing yards by a Bills rookie QB in a season opener ... Two touchdown passes tied for third most by a Bills QB in his first start.
• vs. CAR (9/15): Led the Bills to a game-winning touchdown drive in the fourth quarter that began with a 1:40 remaining and was capped with a touchdown pass to WR Stevie Johnson with :02 remaining ... Became just the fifth rookie in the NFL since 1960 to engineer a game winning drive in his first or second game as a pro ... Finished the day completing 27-of-39 pass attempts for 296 yards, one touchdown and one interception.
• at NYJ (9/22): Attempted a career-high 42 passes, completing 19 for 243 yards and a score ... Added a succesful two-point conversion attempt, his second in two weeks ... Added 40 yards on the ground, the most by a Bills quarterback since 2010 (Fitzpatrick, 49 vs. CLE 10/31/10).
• vs. BAL (9/29): Completed 10-of-22 pass attempts for 167 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions on the way to winning his second career game. Day was highlighted by a 42-yard touchdown pass to fellow rookie WR Robert Woods.
• at CLE (10/3): Completed 11-of-20 passes for 129 yards and added one rush for 14 yards before leaving the game in the third quarter due to injury ... The Bills became the first team in NFL history to score 20 or more points in their first five games of the season when led by a rookie QB (Manuel & Tuel).
• vs. CIN (10/13), at MIA (10/20), at NO (10/27), vs. KC (11/3): Inactive due to injury
• at PIT (11/10): Returned to action after missing four games due to injury ... Completed 22-of-39 pass attempts for 155 yards, one touchdown and an interception. Recorded a passer rating of 63.5 ... Surpassed 1,000 yards passing on the year.
• vs. NYJ (11/17): Completed 20-of-28 pass attempts for 245 yards and two touchdowns ... His eight touchdown passes this season ranks second in team history (10, Dennis Shaw--1970) ... Has now led the team to three out of its four wins this season ... Notched a career high with a passer rating of 121.9.
• vs. ATL (12/1): Completed 18-of-32 pass attempts for 210 yards and a score ... Scored the first rushing TD of his career on a one yard rush on the team’s opening drive ... Finished the game with a passer rating of 86.7.
• at TB (12/8): Completed 18-of-33 pass attempts for 184 yards ... Was intercepted four times ... Added 29 yards rushing on five attempts.
• at JAC (12/15): Completed 17-of-24 pass attempts for 193 yards, two scores and an interceptions ... Scrambled for an eight yard touchdown in the second quarter ... With his one-yard touchdown pass to Frank Summers in the fourth quarter, set the Bills record for most touchdown passes by a rookie with 11.
• vs. MIA (12/22), at NE (12/19): Inactive due to injury
Finished his career ranking as one of the most productive at his position in Florida State history ... Led the Seminoles to a 25-6 record as a starter - the third-most wins in program history and became just the second quarterback in FBS history to win four straight bowl games, joining former West Virginia QB Pat White ... Also went 16-3 in his career against ACC opponents ... FSU’s all-time leader in completion percentage (66.9), which ties for second in ACC history ... Ranks among top five Seminole quarterbacks all-time for passing yards (7,736, 3rd), total offense (8,563, 3rd), completions (600, 4th) and attempts (897, 5th), despite only two seasons as the full-time starter ... Also tied for seventh all-time with 47 career TD passes and tied for ninth all-time with five 300-yard passing games
• 2012: Enjoyed his most productive season in 2012, completing 263-of-387 attempts for 3,392 yards and 23 touchdowns with only 10 interceptions ... served as an integral part of the 2012 FSU offense which will go down in FSU history as the most productive ever racking up a school record 6,591 yards which surpassed the 2000 team for the most yards ... capped off his career leading FSU to 534 yards of total offense which was the sixth game of over 500 yards of total offense in 2012...ranked second in the ACC and 14th nationally in passing efficiency (156.0) in 2012 and his career total of 150.4 ranks second all-time in the ACC ... became the first Seminole quarterback since Charlie Ward to pass for 300 yards and rush for 100 with 380 and 102, respectively, in FSU’s 49-37 win over No. 10 Clemson which earned him his first of two ACC Player of the Week honors...threw for a career-high 439 yards and four TD’s in a 27-of-34 performance against Boston College as he earned ACC Player of the Week honors for the second time...eclipsed 200 passing yards eight times this season to go along with seven multiple TD pass games... named one of four team captains and the most valuable player on offense for the second straight year at the team’s annual banquet.
• 2011: Led FSU to nine wins in his first full-year as a starter to move to 13-4 all-time as the Seminoles’ starting quarterback ... became the most accurate QB in FSU history as far as career completion percentage (66.1) after completing 203-of-311 passes (65.3 percent) in 2011 ... also threw for 2,666 yards and 18 touchdowns with just eight interceptions ... ranked 18th nationally and second in the ACC in pass efficiency (151.24) to move his career efficiency to 146.10 - the third-best in ACC history ... ranked fourth in the ACC in total offense (234.8) ... threw multiple TD passes in six games ... eclipsed 250 yards passing in five games and had three straight games (Duke, Maryland and NC State) where he passed for 200+ yards in the first half alone ... ended the season throwing 121 passes without an interception which covered the final five games as FSU went 4-1 during the stretch ... finished second on the team with four rushing TDs with all four coming in the last seven games … helped rally the Seminoles to an 18-14 win over Notre Dame in the Champs Sports Bowl completing 20-of-31 passes for 249 yards and two touchdowns ... selected as the winner of the Bob Crenshaw Award, one of two recipients of the leadership award for offense, most valuable player on offense and one of the team’s permanent captains at the team’s annual banquet.
• 2010: Built on his stint as a four-game starter in 2009, making 10 appearances with starts against Clemson and Virginia Tech in the ACC Championship game … led FSU a 4-2 record as the starter ... led the Seminoles in completion percentage (69.9) and passing efficiency (153.25) … passed for 288 yards (23-31) in the ACC Championship game loss to Virginia Tech ... passed for 861 yards and four TDs and added 170 rushing yards and one TD ... named to the All-ACC Academic football team.
• 2009: Thrust into the starting role when Christian Ponder suffered a season-ending injury late in the Clemson game ... posted a 3-1 record as the starter, capped by his MVP performance in FSU’s Gator Bowl victory over West Virginia … guided the `Noles to a bowl-clinching 29-26 win over Maryland by overcoming three interceptions ... Manuel directed his first career fourth quarter rally, scrambling for 35 yards on the first two plays to set up Lonnie Pryor’s game-winning TD run with 1:14 to play ... appeared in seven games, including four starts … selected to the ACC All-Academic football team ... missed the 2009 spring season with a broken index finger suffered on the first day of practice.
• 2008: Redshirt season ... earned scout team MVP honors for the offense.
Two-time member of the ACC All-Academic football team ... Rated the No. 2 quarterback in the country as a high school senior by multiple recruiting outlets ... Earned Parade All-American honors and was a member of the PrepStar Dream Team ... Participated in the Under Armour All-Star game ... Accounted for nearly 7,400 yards and 68 touchdowns in his high school career ... Earned All-Tidewater district honors and was a Group AAA second-team All-State selection.