• Has eclipsed the 100 tackle plateau in each of his six seasons while not missing a game in his NFL career
• In first 96 career games has 763 tackles (573 solo) with 5.0 sacks, seven interceptions and 18 passes defensed
At KC (9-11): Made his Bills debut. Saw action defensively and made one tackle.
Vs. Oak (9-18): Saw action against his former team.
Vs. NE (9-25): Inactive (hamstring injury).
At. Cin (10-2): Active, but did not play.
Vs. Phi (10-9): Saw action on special teams
At NYG (10-16): Played in his 100th NFL game. Saw action on special teams.
Vs. Was (10-30): Saw action on special teams and defensively.... recorded the last of the Bills nine sacks, his first as a Bill, and had two tackles
Vs. NYJ (11-6): Saw action on special teams.
At Dal (11-13): Saw action on special teams.
At Mia (11-20): Saw action on special teams and defensively.
At NYJ (11-27): Saw action on special teams.
Vs. Ten (12-4): Saw action on special teams.
At SD (12-11): Saw action on defense and special teams.
Vs. Mia (12-18): Saw action on special teams.
Vs. Den (12-24): Produced one tackle and one pass defensed.
At NE (1-1): Totaled two tackles.
2010 w/ JACKSONVILLE
• Finished the season with a career-best 141 tackles in 16 starts
• Made his Jaguars debut vs. DEN (9/12) with seven tackles (six solo)
• Led the defense in back-to-back games with nine stops (six solo) vs. PHI (9/26) and 11 tackles (seven solo) with a tackle for a loss vs. IND (10/3)
• At BUF (10/10), accumulated seven stops (one solo) along with a QB hit
• Finished with a team-best 15 tackles (11 solo) vs. TEN (10/18)
• Eclipsed the 100 tackle plateau vs. OAK (12/12), finishing with 11 stops (seven solo)… added one QB hit
• At HOU (1/2), led the defense with 15 stops (six solo)
2009 w/ OAKLAND
• Led the defense and tied for sixth in the NFL with 133 tackles
• Established a career-high with 109 solo tackles and set personal- best with 10 tackles for a loss, 2.0 sacks and three forced fumbles
• At KC (9/20), finished with team high 13 tackles
• Set a career-high with 16 tackles at NYG (10/11)
• At CLE (12/27), totaled 14 tackles including first sack of the season on which he forced a fumble
• In the season finale at BAL (1/3), credited with 10 tackles and second sack of the year
2008 w/ OAKLAND
• Started all 16 games at MLB for the third straight season, leading the defense with 135 tackles (99 solo) marking the fifth-most in the NFL
• At KC (9/14), recorded his seventh career INT along with 1.0 sack and five solo tackles
• Led team with 10 tackles and had one forced fumble vs. BUF (9/21)
• Led team with 13 tackles including 11 solo at BAL (10/26)
2007 w/ OAKLAND
• Started all 16 games at MLB and led team with 120 tackles… added 10 passes defensed, four interceptions and 1.0 sack
• Began season with an INT in three consecutive games
• Had nine solo tackles at DET (9/9) and an INT in the end zone
• vs. CLE (9/23) returned an INT 45 yards
• Recovered a fumble and had nine stops at MIN (11/18)
• At KC (11/25), paced team with 11 tackles (10 solo)
• Made two tackles and posted an interception in the end zone at JAC (12/23)
2006 w/ OAKLAND
• Led the team with 122 tackles, starting all 16 games for the first time in his career
• At BAL (9/17), hauled in his first career interception… added seven tackles
• Led team with 11 tackles at SEA (11/6)
• vs. HOU (12/3), Returned an interception 35 yards for his first career touchdown… credited with six tackles and a fumble recovery
• vs. STL (12/17), Recorded first career sack along with six tackles
2005 w/ OAKLAND
• Ranked second on the team and first among NFL rookies with 112 tackles (87 solo) in 16 games with 15 starts
• At NE (9/8), Made NFL debut in a reserve role and was credited with game-high 10 tackles
• Registered 10 tackles and one special teams tackle in first career start vs. KC (9/18)
• Tied for team-lead with eight tackles and one pass defensed at PHI (9/25)
• vs. BUF (10/23), Led team in tackles for second consecutive game with seven tackles and also recovered a fumble
• Led team with season-high 12 tackles (11 solo) along with a pass defensed vs. DEN (11/13)
• At SD (12/4), Posted team-high 11 solo tackles
Tackles: 16 at NYG (10/11/09)
Sacks: 1.0 (multiple times) last vs. BAL (1/3/2009)
Interceptions: 1 (multiple times) last at KC (9/14/08)
Four-year starter, playing in 47 games with 43 consecutive starts… was first two-time All-America selection at SDSU since Marshall Faulk (1991-93)… four-time All-Mountain West Conference selection and two-time MWC Defensive Player of the Year… finished career with 396 tackles (241 solo), the sec¬ond-most in school history… career totals included 9.5 sacks, 40 tackles for loss, 10 fumble recoveries, eight forced fumbles, six INTs and 11 passes defensed… ranked second in the conference with 115 tackles as a senior including nine tackles for loss… added three fumble recoveries, one INT and one forced fumble… earned All-MWC first-team honors for the third straight year and selected as MWC Co-Defensive Player of the Year … Nominated for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy (nation’s most outstand¬ing defensive player), Lombardi Award (lineman), Bednarik Award (defensive play¬er) and Lott Trophy (defensive impact play¬er)… ranked second on the team as a junior with 115 tackles (70 solo) along with 3.5 sacks, 17 tackles for loss, four forced fum¬bles, two fumble recoveries and one INT… first-team All-America selection by College Football News… named MWC Defensive Player of the Year by the conference’s coaches and media… tabbed team’s Defensive Player of the Year as a sopho¬more after compiling a team-high 97 tack¬les (60 solo)… added 3.0 sacks, nine tackles for loss, five fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles and three INTs… earned All-MWC first-team honors … finished with 69 tackles, 3.0 sacks and five tackles for loss as a redshirt freshman… added one forced fumble, one INT and three passes defensed… moved into starting lineup at MLB for the final seven games… majored in criminal justice.
Resides in Oakland, Calif. … Hosts a national weekly show on Fox Sports Radio ... Attended Bishop O’Dowd High (CA)… Played for 1999 National Coach of the Year Paul Perenon… Named to the Oakland Tribune, Contra Costa Times and San Francisco Examiner first-team defenses ...Hayward Area Athletic League’s Defensive Player of the Year honoree… Registered a team-high 98 tackles with 4.0 sacks, two interceptions and a pair of fumble recoveries as a senior LB… Totaled 583 yards and 10 TDs as RB in 1999... Led school to back-to-back (1997-98) NorCal Section 3A and HAAL championships...Also competed in track.