Pro: Signed to the Bills 53-man roster on November 7, 2008…released by the Detroit Lions on August 8 after signing with the Lions on July 26…released by Tampa Bay on July 25 after signing with the Buccaneers as an unrestricted free-agent on March 4…was originally drafted by the Lions in the second round (37th overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft…played four seasons in Detroit.
2007 – Detroit
• Appeared in 16 games, played as the Lions back-up middle linebacker and on special teams.
• At Washington (10/7), recorded eight tackles (six solo) at middle linebacker.
• Made three special teams tackles at Green Bay (12/30) to close out the season
2006 – Detroit
• Placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list for the first seven games of the season, but returned to the team for four games.
• Made three solo tackles and two special teams tackles at Arizona (11/19).
2005 – Detroit
• Placed on Reserve/Injured November 21, 2005 due to an ankle injury.
• Recorded his second career interception at Tampa Bay (10/2).
2004 – Detroit
• Only rookie linebacker in the NFL to start all 16 games.
• Finished the season with 120 tackles, good for second-best on the team.
• Tallied a career-high 12 tackles at Jacksonville (11/14).
COLLEGE: Consensus All-American first-team selection…winner of the Dick Butkus Award (nation’s top linebacker) and Bednarik Award (nation’s top defensive player) his senior year…unanimous All-Big 12 Conference first-team selection…as a junior, was named the Chevrolet National Defensive Player of the Year and was one of three finalists for the Butkus Award…finished career at Oklahoma with 323 tackles (209 solo), six sacks, 47 tackles for loss, four interceptions, 16 passes defensed, and four forced fumbles…started 38 of 51 games.
PERSONAL: Attended Fort Gibson (OK) High…First-team All-State pick by the daily Oklahoman, Tulsa World, and high school coaches association…son of Cindy and Ken Lehman.