Selected in the third-round (72nd overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft…became the team’s third draft choice from Arkansas State and 43rd school product drafted into the NFL.
• Vs. NE (9/8): Made his first career Kickoff Weekend start and
tallied four tackles (two solo) along with a tackle for a loss
• VS. CAR (9/15): Recorded four tackles (one solo) in his second start of the season
• At NYJ (9/22): Tallied two tackles to go along with a stop for a loss and a quarterback hit before leaving the game in the fourth quarter due to injury
• SEPTEMBER 23: PLACED ON INJURED RESERVE
• Appeared in all 16 games, blocking four kicks (three field goals, one extra point), a new Bills record since complete records became available in 1988
• At NYJ (9/9): Saw action, but did not record any statistics
• Vs. KC (9/16): Recorded a strip-sack of Chiefs QB Matt Cassel in the second quarter, his third career sack and first career forced fumble... loose ball was recovered by Bills DE Mario Williams and takeaway was converted into a touchdown
• At CLE (9/16): Saw action on defense and special teams... helped the defense limit the Browns to 33 rushing yards and 240 yards of total offense
• Vs. NE (9/30): Matched a career-high of three tackles (one solo), with a stop for a loss
• At SF (10/7): Made one solo tackle tackle.
• At ARI (10/14): Blocked K Jay Feely’s 38-yard field goal attempt with two seconds remaining to force overtime ... recorded one assisted tackle.
• Vs. TEN (10/21): Recorded one solo tackle and his second tackle for loss of the season.
• at HOU (11/4): Credited with a blocked field goal just before halftime--the fourth blocked kick of his three year career ... Is the first Bill since 1996 (Bruce Smith-3) to block two or more field goals in one season ... Also recorded a tackle
• at NE (11/11): Recorded two solo tackles
• vs. MIA (11/15): Tallied one tackle and deflected his first pass of the season
• at IND (11/25): Saw time at defensive tackle and on special teams
• vs. JAC (12/2): Tallied one sacks ... Added four tackles, two tackles for loss and one quarterback hits
• vs. JAC (12/2): Registered two tackles and one quarterback hit
• vs. SEA (12/16): Blocked an extra point ... Made one tackle
• at MIA (12/23): Blocked Dolphins K Nate Kaeding’s 46-yard field goal attempt on Miami’s opening drive ... The blocked kick marks the fourth altered field goal or extra point attempt by Carrington this season ... Added one pass deflection ... Appeared in his 40th career game
• vs. NYJ (12/30): Tallied one solo tackle and a tackle for loss
• At KC (9-11): Saw significant action at OLB.
• Vs. Oak (9-18): Saw action at defensive line.
• Vs. NE (9-25): Posted two tackles including one for a loss.
• At Cin (10-2): Saw action along the defensive line.
• Vs. Phi (10-9): Tipped a Michael Vick pass that led to the team’s first interception by Reggie Corner in the first quarter. Posted two tackles including one for loss.
• At NYG (10-16): Recorded his first career blocked FG. It was the first Bills blocked FG since Spencer Johnson on 12/27/09 at Atl.
• Vs. Was (10-30): Made his 1st NFL start at defensive end. Made two tackles.
• Vs. NYJ (11-6): Posted first sack of the season. Added three tackles.
• At Dal (11-13): Produced one tackle for loss.
• At Mia (11-20): Saw action along the defensive line.
• At NYJ (11-27): Posted one tackle.
• Vs. Ten (12-4): Made his fifth start of the season.
• At SD (12-11): Blocked an extra point after Chargers’ second touchdown - first by a Bill since Phil Hansen at KC on 9/14/97.
• Vs. Mia (12-18): Posted one tackle.
• Vs. Den (12-24): Recorded one tackle and one QB hit.
• At NE (1-1): Posted one tackle.
Finished his rookie season with eight total tackles, including 1.0 sack and a pass defensed
• Vs. MIA (9/12), at GB (9/19) and at NE (9/26) Inactive.
• Vs. NYJ (10/3) saw his first NFL action and played in the defensive line rotation and on special teams
• Vs. JAC (10/10) had one solo tackle on defense
• At BAL (10/24), at KC (10/31), vs. CHI (11/7) and vs. DET (11/14) inactive
• At CIN (11/21) played on defense and special teams, tallied one tackle on defense
• Vs. PIT (11/28) saw his most action of the season, after DE Dwan Edwards left with an injury, tallied two tackles and a sack, the first of his NFL career
• At MIN (12/5) saw action on defense and special teams, tallied one quarterback hit
• Vs. CLE (12/12) had one tackle
• At MIA (12/19) tallied one tackle and a pass defensed, the first of his career
• Vs. NE (12/26) had one solo tackle
• At NYJ (1/2) saw action in his seventh consecutive game and ninth of his career, tallied one tackle
Started 42-of-44 games with 146 tackles (95 solo) and 21.5 sacks… became the sixth player in school history to compete in the Senior Bowl and first since 1980 (QB Gene Bradley)… 21.5 career sacks finished fourth in conference history and second in school annals. 2009: All-Sun Belt Conference first-team selection… named by the Little Rock Touchdown Club as its Arkansas State Player of the Year for the second year in a row… started all 12 games recording 41 tackles (28 solo) while tying for the conference lead with nine sacks, ranking T-25th in the nation… part of a defense that led the conference in total defense, holding opponents to 340.5 yards per game and 23.25 points per game… tied a Sun Belt game-record with four sacks vs. Western Kentucky. 2008: Named the Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Year and College Football News second-team All-American selection… 10.5 sacks ranked 14th in the nation finished one shy of the conference record… notched a career-high 53 tackles (36 solo) with 19.0 tackles for loss with two pass break-ups and one interception… first defensive lineman to win the conference Defensive Player of the Year Award since 2005 and the fourth defensive lineman to ever receive the honor. 2007: Honorable mention All-Sun Belt Conference selection… made the switch to left defensive end, starting all 12 games… tallied 38 tackles (20 solo)… posted a sack of minus eight yards vs. ULL. 2006: Made six starts in eight games at defensive end, totaling 14 tackles (11 solo)… recorded a sack for minus nine yards vs. SMU along with a forced fumble. 2005: Redshirt.
Graduated with a degree in Psychology… helped lead Tupelo (Tupelo, MS) High School to the quarterfinals of the state playoffs as a senior in 2004 while posting 84 tackles, six sacks and three forced fumbles… all-region selection and recipient of the Coach’s Award… added team MVP and Daily Journal all-state first-team honors in 2004.