- The Bills defense produced seven sacks and continues to lead the NFL with 46 sacks ... They are the only NFL team with two players with double-digit sacks (Mario Williams with 12.0, Marcell Dareus with 10.0).
Photos of the Week 12 matchup between the New York Jets and the Buffalo Bills at Ford Field in Detroit.
- Dominating the AFC, the Bills defense ranks among the top two six major defensive categories in the conference – 1st in total yards per game (312.2), 1st in sacks (46), 1st in third down percentage (33.99), 2nd in points per game (18.8), 2nd in yards per play (4.82), and 2nd in interceptions (13).
- The Bills completed their first season sweep of the Jets series since 2007. The Bills have won four out of their last five games against the Jets. Buffalo's 81 combined points in this year's two games are the highest by a Bills team in a season series since posting 87 vs. Miami in 1966.
- Head coach Doug Marrone is now 3-1 against the NY Jets and 3-1 against the Miami Dolphins.
- Monday night's 38-3 victory was the largest margin of victory by a Bills team since a 38-0 win vs. Indianapolis on September 20, 1992.
- Wide receiver Robert Woods scored on the team's opening drive with a seven-yard reception. The Bills improved to 4-2 when wide receiver Robert Woods scores a touchdown ... Woods produced career highs of nine receptions and 118 receiving yards on Monday for his first 100-yard receiving game ... Woods has a reception in 25 consecutive games – the longest active streak by a Bill.
- Running back Boobie Dixon became the first Bill to block two punts in one season since Wall of Famer Steve Tasker in 1990. Dixon's blocked punt in the third quarter was recovered by Manny Lawson in the end zone for a touchdown and gave Buffalo a 24-3 lead ... Dixon also rushed for a team-high 54 yards including scoring his first Bills touchdown on a 30-yard run in the fourth quarter.
- With 2.0 sacks, Mario Williams produced multiple sacks in consecutive games for the first time in his career. Williams ranks fourth in the NFL with 12.0 sacks on the season.
- Through 11 games this season, the Bills have been efficient in taking the ball away defensively and protecting the ball on offense. The team is tied for second in the AFC with a plus-eight turnover margin. Offensively, the Bills rank fifth in the NFL with a 1.53 interception percentage.
- Quarterback Kyle Orton continues to protect the ball. He is tied for first in the NFL (Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers) with just three interceptions.
- The Bills won their second game at Ford Field this season. It marks the third time in franchise history the team won two games at the same stadium in the same season (1990 – 30-27 at Jets, 17-13 at Giants; 1996 – 23-20 at Giants, 25-22 at Jets).
- Only two undrafted running backs in NFL history have produced more career rushing yards than Fred Jackson. Jackson now has 5,402 career rushing yards after passing Willie Parker for third place on the list.