Orchard Park, NY – The Buffalo Bills today announced the team's 2010 regular season schedule.
Buffalo opens the regular season at home against the Miami Dolphins on September 12 in the eighth Kickoff Weekend game in series history. The game will mark Buffalo's ninth home opener since 2000 and first against Miami since 1991.
The Bills will host the Chicago Bears on Sunday, November 7 in Rogers Centre at 1:00 PM for the third regular season game in the Bills Toronto Series.
Buffalo will close the 2010 regular season on the road at the New York Jets on Sunday, January 2. The game will be the 100th regular season meeting between the two teams.
Below is a list of highlights for the 2010 home schedule:
- VS. MIAMI – Buffalo and Miami will meet for the eighth time on Kickoff Weekend and for the first time in Week Once since 1991.
- VS. NEW YORK JETS –New York travels to Buffalo for the 50th regular season game at the Bills in the season series on October 3.
- VS. JACKSONVILLE –The Bills and Jaguars will meet for the 10th time in series history and for the fifth consecutive season on October 10.
- VS. CHICAGO –November 7th's game at Rogers Centre in Toronto against Chicago marks the third regular season game of the Bills Toronto Series.
- VS. DETROIT –The Lions will make their first visit to Ralph Wilson Stadium since 2002.
- VS. PITTSBURGH –Buffalo will host Pittsburgh for the first time since the 2004 season. The Bills hold a 7-4 record against the Steelers at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
- VS. CLEVELAND –Buffalo and Cleveland will square off for the fourth year in a row and the third consecutive meeting at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Free agent signing LB Andra Davis will face his former team for the first time as a member of the Bills.
- VS. NEW ENGLAND –December 26th's game will mark the 50th meeting between the teams in Buffalo.
Highlights for the 2010 road schedule:
- AT GREEN BAY –Buffalo will make their sixth visit to Lambeau Field on September 19th. The Bills hold a 7-3 record over the Packers in the regular season.
- AT NEW ENGLAND - Buffalo and New England will meet for the 100th game in regular season series history on September 26.
- AT BALTIMORE –Free agent signing DL Dwan Edwards will make his first visit to Baltimore as a member of an opposing team on October 24. Buffalo and Baltimore will meet for the fifth time in series history and fourth time in Baltimore.
- AT KANSAS CITY –Buffalo will travel to Kansas City for the third consecutive season. The Bills have defeated the Chiefs in each of their previous three games.
- AT CINCINNATI –Buffalo will look to extend its current nine-game winning streak against Cincinnati on November 21. The Bills hold a 14-9 all-time regular season record against the Bengals and have won their previous three road games at Cincinnati.
- AT MINNESOTA –The Bills will make their first trip to Minnesota since 2002 and have won their previous two match-ups against the Vikings.
- AT NEW YORK JETS -The Bills and Jets will meet for the 100th game in regular season history on January 2. Week 17's game will mark the 50th road game for the Bills in the series against New York.
NFL TO CONTINUE "FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING":The NFL this season will continue to use a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 11-17. The 2010 NFL schedule lists start times for all Sunday games during the "flex" weeks as 1:00 PM ET, except for games played in the Mountain or Pacific Time zones, which will be listed at 4:05 PM ET or 4:15 PM ET.
Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights. The NFL will have additional flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format. For example, a game scheduled for Sunday, November 28 could move from a 1:00 PM ET kickoff to an 8:15 PM start, but the change would be made and announced no later than Tuesday, November 16. In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.
TICKET INFORMATION FOR 2010 GAMES: Fans can now buy season tickets online at the team's website – www.buffalobills.com. Fans can also purchase season tickets by calling 1-877-BB-TICKS or by visiting the Stadium box office at One Bills Drive. For more information, please visit www.buffalobills.com.
Individual game tickets for the 2010 season will go on sale at a date to be announced. Please be advised that the only way fans can guarantee tickets to every home game at Ralph Wilson Stadium on the 2010 schedule is by purchasing season tickets.
BILLS IN TORONTO SERIES INFO: The Bills Toronto Series includes a regular season game each year (2008-2012) and preseason games in 2008, 2010 and 2012.
Fans are encouraged to visit www.billsintoronto.com for new ticket options and the most up to date news on the Bills in Toronto Series!