The Buffalo Bills travel to East Rutherford, NJ this weekend to take on the New York Jets at MetLife stadium on Sunday, October 26 with kickoff scheduled for 1 p.m.
Sunday's game will mark the 107th regular season meeting between Buffalo and the New York Jets, with the Bills holding a 55-51 advantage in the series.
With a win over New York on Sunday, Buffalo will:
• Win their first road game against the Jets since 2009 (10/18, 16-13)
• Win two of their first three games against AFC East opponents for the first time since 2007
BILLS-JETS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 55-51
• Bills on the road at Jets: 25-28
• Last meeting on the road: 9/22/2013, L 20-27
• First regular season meeting: 9/11/1960, L 3-27 at New York Titans
• Last regular season meeting: 11/17/2013, W 37-14 at Buffalo
The Bills head into the bye week in Week 9. Buffalo hosts the Kansas City Chiefs in its next game in Week 10 at Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sunday, November 9.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR ...
QB Kyle Orton
• Two touchdown passes to reach 90 for his career
• 91 passing yards to reach 16,000 for his career
• With over 280 yards passing, would become first Bills QB since Drew Bledsoe in Weeks 2-5 of the 2002 seasons to throw for over 280 yards in four consecutive games
• 15 completions to record 100 with the Bills
• 110 passing yards to eclipse 1,000 for the season
WR Sammy Watkins
• Needs five receptions to record 40 for his career.
• With over 100 yards receiving, would become the third rookie/first-year player in franchise history to record three or more games with over 100 yards reciving in his first season.
• Needs 67 receiving yards to record 500 for his career
• Need one touchdown reception to record five for his career
WR Robert Woods
• One touchdown to record the fifth of his career
• 10 catches to reach 75 for his career
• 169 receiving yards to reach 1,000 for his career
TE Scott Chandler
• Needs 99 receiving yards to reach 2,000 for his career
• Needs one receiving touchdown to become the fourth Bills TE with 15 or more in his career
RB Boobie Dixon
• Needs 25 carries to reach 200 for his career
CB Corey Graham
• Needs five passes defensed to tie career-high with 12 in a season
DE Jerry Hughes
• Needs 4.5 sacks to reach 25.0 for his career and 20.0 with the Bills
DE Mario Williams
• Needs 3.5 sacks to reach 85.0 for his career
• Needs 1.5 sacks to move in to the Top 50 all-time in total sacks
DT Kyle Williams
• Closing in on becoming the all time sacks leader among Bills defensive/nose tackles. His career total currently sits at 30.0, which trails Jeff Wright by 1.5 for the all-time mark
DT Marcell Dareus
• Needs .5 sacks to match his career high of 7.5 sacks in a season, set last year
• Needs 4.0 sacks to break the franchise mark for DT in a season of 10.5 set last season by DT Kyle Williams
K Dan Carpenter
• Will play in his 100th career game
• One made FG to reach 175 for his career
• Three made FGs to reach 50 as a Bill
• Needs three PATs to convert 200 for his career
BILLS-JETS SERIES HIGHS
Bills: 243, Cookie Gilchrist 12/8/63 @ BUF
Jets: 210, Thomas Jones 10/18/09 @NYJ
Bills: 255, Jerry Butler 9/23/79 @BUF
Jets: 180, Don Maynard 12/19/65 @NYJ
Bills: 367, Joe Ferguson 9/23/79 @BUF
Jets: 370, Ken O'Brien 12/8/85 @BUF
• Bills Head Coach Doug Marrone was the Offensive Line coach for the Jets from 2002-05.
•Bills Assistant Defensive Backs coach Samson Brown was a Coaching Assistant for the Jets from 2010-11.
•Bills Defensive Backs coach Donnie Henderson was the Defensive Coordinator for the Jets from 2004-05.
•Bills Senior Offensive Assistant Jim Hostler was the Wide Receivers/Quarterbacks coach for the New York Jets from 2003-04.
•Bills Wide Receivers coach Rob Moore played for the Jets from 1990-04. He was the first overall pick of the Jets in the 1990 NFLSupplemental Draft.
•Bills Defensive Line coach Pepper Johnson played for the Jets from 1997-98.
•Jets Offensive Line coach Mike Delvin played for the Buffalo Bills from 1993-95.
•Jets Quarterbacks coach David Lee was the Quarterbacks coach for the Bills in 2012.
•Jets WR T.J. Graham was drafted by the Buffalo Bills 69th overall in the 2012 NFL Draft. Graham played two seasons for the team, recording 54 receptions for 683 yards and three touchdowns.
•Jets College Area Scout David Hinson was a scout for the Bills from 2000-04.
• Bills WR Chris Hogan grew up in Ramapo, N.J., which is just 23 miles from Metlife Stadium.
• Jets CB Josh Thomas played football at the University of Buffalo from 2007-10. In 34 career starts he recorded 205 tackles, two sacks, five forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, two interceptions and 27 passes defensed.
• Jets GM John Idzik was the wide receivers coach at SUNY Buffalo in 1982.
• Bills Wide Receivers coach Rob Moore and Jets Offensive Line coach Mike Delvin played for the Arizona Cardinals together from 1996-99.
• Jets Offensive Coordinator Marty Mornhinweg was the Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles when Bills RB Bryce Brown played there from 2012-13.
• Bills Offensive Line coach Pat Morris also worked with Marty Mornhinweg from 1997-2000 when Mornhinweg was the Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks coach for the San Francisco 49ers.
• Jets Head Coach Rex Ryan and Bills Defensive Backs coach Donnie Henderson coached together for the Baltimore Ravens from 1999-2003. Jets Defensive Coordinator Dennis Thurman joined them from 2002-03.
• Jets Defensive Line coach Karl Dunbar and Bills Offensive Line coach Pat Morris coached together for the Minnesota Vikings from 2006-10.
• Bills DE Jarius Wynn played for the Tennessee Titans in 2012 with Jets RB Chris Johnson.
• Jets T Breno Giacomini also played for the Green Bay Backers with Bills DE Jarius Wynn in 2009.
• Bills DE Jerry Hughes and Jets T Ben Ijalana played together from 2011-12 for the Indianapolis Colts.
• Bills RB Bryce Brown played on the Philadelphia Eagles with JetsQB Michael Vick from 2012-13.
• Bills DE Manny Lawson and Jets FB John Conner were both Cincinnati Bengals in 2012.
• Bills LB Brandon Spikes and Bills Defensive Line Coach Pepper Johnson were Patriots with Jets TE Zach Sudfeld in 2013 and Jets WR Greg Salas in 2012.
• Bills GM Doug Whaley was the Steeler's Pro Scouting Coordinator and Bills Director of College Scouting Kelvin Fisher was a college scout with the Steelers in 2006, when the team drafted Jets G Willie Colon in the fourth round. Colon played with Bills G Kraig Urbik in Pittsburgh in 2009 and Bills FB Frank Summers from 2009-10
• Bills LB Brandon Spikes, Jets WR Percy Harvin and Jets LB Jermaine Cunningham all played for the Florida Gators from 2006-08.
• Bills C Eric Wood played for Louisville with Jets T Breno Giacomini from 2005-06 and with Jets RB Bilal Powell from 2007-08.
• In 2010, Jets RB Bilal Powell and Bills LB Preston Brown were members of the Louisville Cardinals football team.
• Bills LB Preston Brown and Jets S Calvin Pryor played for the University of Louisville from 2011-12.
• Bills S Duke Williams and Jets TE Zach Sudfeld were both part of the Nevada Wolf Pack from 2009-12.
• Jets S Antonio Allen played with Bills CB Stephon Gilmore at South Carolina from 2009-10.
• Bills DE Jerry Hughes and Jets WR Jeremy Kerley played for TCU together from 2007-09. The Horned Frogs went 31-8 during the time period and made a Rose Bowl appearance in 2009.
Check out the top 20 photos from the Bills-Jets game at Ralph Wilson Stadium.