The Buffalo Bills will host the San Diego Chargers at Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sunday, September 21st with kickoff at 1 p.m. ET.
Sunday's game will be the 34th regular season meeting between Buffalo and Miami, with the Chargers holding a 21-10-2 advantage in the series.
With a win over the Chargers on Sunday, the Bills will:
• Start 3-0 for the first time since 2011
• Win their fourth straight game at Ralph Wilson Stadium
BILLS-CHARGERS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 10-21-2
• Bills at home vs. Chargers: 5-9-1
• Last meeting at home: 10/19/2008, W 23-14
• First regular season meeting: 10/2/1960, L 10-24 at Buffalo
• Last regular season meeting: 12/11/2011, L 10-37 at San Diego
The Bills will hit the road for their next game, as they travel to Houston to take on the Texans.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR ...
QB EJ Manuel
• With a 60%+ performance against S.D., he would become third Bills QB in past seven years to begin season with three straight games with 60% or better completion percentages, joining Trent Edwards in 2008 and Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2011
WR Robert Woods
• Five receptions to total 50 catches in his career
WR Mike Williams
• Will record 3,000 receiving yards for his NFL career with 14 receiving yards
• Seven receptions to record 225 for his career
RB C.J. Spiller
• Seven receptions to become the 23rd player in Bills history with 150 receptions in his career
RB Fred Jackson
• Two rushing touchdowns to become the fourth Bill with 30 or more in his career
• One overall touchdown to become the ninth Bill with 35 or more for his career
TE Scott Chandler
• Needs 13 receptions to become fourth Bills TE with 150 for his career
• Needs one receiving touchdown to become the fourth Bills TE with 15 or more in his career
• Since 2011, Chandler's nine touchdowns in September are tied for fourth most in NFL, only trailing Jimmy Graham, Calvin Johnson and Wes Welker.
DT Marcell Dareus
• 1.5 sack to post 20.0 in his NFL career
DE Jerry Hughes
• Two tackles for a loss to record 20 for his career
DE Mario Williams
• 1.5 sacks to record 80.0 for his career
CB/PR Leodis McKelvin
• One punt return touchdown to set new team record with four
BILLS-CHARGERS SERIES HIGHS
Bills: 144, Travis Henry 12/5/02 @ BUF
Chargers: 178, LaDainian Tomlinson 12/3/06 @ BUF
Bills: 170, Eric Moulds 10/15/00 @BUF
Chargers: 175, Dave Kocourek 12/10/61 @ SD
Bills: 377, Vince Ferragamo 9/8/85 @ BUF
Chargers: 343, Dan Fouts 12/6/81 @ SD
• Chargers OC Frank Reich is originally from Freeport, NY. He was drafted by the Bills in the 3rd round of the 1985 NFL Draft and played in Buffalo for 10 seasons. Reich is most notably remembered for orchestrating The Comeback against the Houston Oilers in the 1993 AFC Wild Card round of the playoffs.
• Chargers TE coach Pete Metzelaars played for the Buffalo Bills from 1985-1994. Metzelaars is still the Bills all time leading receiver among tight ends, and was named to the Bills 50th Anniversary All-Time team in 2009. Metzelaars also coached Bills TE's in 2012.
• Chargers WR coach Fred Graves worked with the Buffalo Bills wide receivers from 2001-2003.
• Chargers OL coach Joe D'Alessandris coached the Bills offensive line from 2010-2012. In 2011, his offensive line allowed only 23 sacks, the best in the league that year and third best in Bills franchise history.
• Chargers assistant OL coach Andrew Dees participated in Bills training camp in 2000 after graduating from Syracuse University. He also assisted with coaching the Bills offensive line in 2012.
• Bills Director of Pro Personnel, Tom Gibbons, was a part of the San Diego Chargers staff from 2004-2010.
• Bills TE Scott Chandler played for the San Diego Chargers from 2007-2008.
• Bills FB Frank Summers was on the Chargers practice squad in 2011.
• Bills DL Jarius Wynn played for the Chargers in 2013.
• Chargers G Chad Rinehart played for the Bills from 2010-2012.
• Chargers GM Tom Telesco is a native of Buffalo, NY. He graduated from St. Francis High School in Athol Springs, NY, and was a training camp intern with the Buffalo Bills from 1991-1994.
• Chargers Director of Pro Scouting Dennis Abraham is a Buffalo native. He worked in player personnel for the Bills for five seasons before being named Training Camp Coordinator, which he was from 1998-2000.
• Chargers QB coach Nick Sirianni is from Jamestown, NY. He graduated and played high school football for Southwestern High School. His brother, Jay, is the head football coach at Southwestern High School and has led the team to two NYS championships.
• Chargers RB Brandon Oliver played his college football at the University of Buffalo.
• Chargers DE Dwight Freeney and RB Donald Brown played in Indianapolis alongside Bills DE Jerry Hughes from 2010-2012.
• Chargers CB Richard Marshall played alongside Bills K Dan Carpenter in Miami with the Dolphins in 2012.
• Chargers OL Rich Ohrnberger played for the New England Patriots where he was on the same team as Bills LB Brandon Spikes.
• During Chargers DE Jarrett Johnson's tenure with the Baltimore Ravens, Bills DB coach Donnie Henderson (2003) and Sr. Offensive Assistant Jim Hostler (2008-2011) had stints as coaches.
• Bills ST coach Danny Crossman and Chargers CB Richard Marshall were a part of the Carolina Panthers franchise between 2006 and 2009.
• Chargers G Rich Ohrnberger and Bills DL coach Pepper Johnson were both a part of the New England Patriots franchise in 2009 and 2010.
• In 2010 and 2011, Bills DE Jerry Hughes was in Indianapolis with Chargers OC Frank Reich and TE Coach Pete Metzelaars.
• Chargers T D.J. Fluker played at Alabama on the same team as Bills DT Marcell Dareus from 2009-2010, and then later played on the same offensive line as Bills rookie T Cyrus Kouandjio in 2011 and 2012.
• Clemson University is extremely well represented. In 2007, Chargers S Marcus Gilchrist played on the same team as Buffalo Bills T Chris Hairston and RB C.J. Spiller.
• Chargers QB Phillip Rivers and Bills DE's Mario Williams and Manny Lawson were teammates at North Carolina State in 2003.
• Bills CB Stephon Gilmore and Chargers LB Melvin Ingram were teammates at South Carolina in 2010 and 2011.
• Chargers RB Donald Brown and Bills WR Marcus Easley led a potent offensive attack at the University of Connecticut from 2006-2009.
• Chargers CB Shareece Wright played at USC from 2006-2010. In 2006-2007, he played alongside Bills LB Keith Rivers, and then in 2010 he played with Bills CB Nickell Robey and WR Robert Woods.