The Buffalo Bills will stay at home this week to face the Minnesota Vikings at Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sunday, October 19 at 1 p.m.
Buffalo and Minnesota will meet for the 13th time in the regular season this week. The Bills are 4-8 all-time against the Vikings.
With a win over Minnesota on Sunday, Buffalo will:
• Win its first three games against an NFC opponent for the first time since 2004
BILLS-VIKINGS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 4-8
• Bills at home against Vikings: 3-4
• Last meeting at home: 10/1/2006, W 17-12
• First regular season meeting: 10/3/ 1971, L 0-19 at Metropolitan Stadium
• Last regular season meeting: 12/5/2010, L 14-38 at Metrodome
The Bills will hit the road in Week 8 when they travel to take on the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium with kickoff scheduled for 1 p.m. on Sunday, October 26.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR ...
QB Kyle Orton
• Four touchdown passes to reach 90 for his career
RB C.J. Spiller
• 110 yards behind Willis McGahee for the seventh most rushing yards in franchise history (3,365)
RB Fred Jackson
• One rushing touchdown to become the fourth Bill with 30 or more in his career
• Needs two rushing touchdowns to match Cookie Gilchrist for #3 in franchise history (31)
• Need three touchdowns to tie Elbert Dubenion for #6 in Bills history with 36.
• Needs two catches to tie Peerless Price for 10th all-time in Bills history with 288
• Needs 14 catches to reach 300 for his career
• Needs 31 rushing yards to pass Willie Parker for the third most rushing yards by an undrafted player (5,378)
WR Sammy Watkins
• Needs four receptions to become the 19th rookie/first-year player in Bills history with 30
• Needs 89 receiving yards to become the 13th rookie/first-year player in Bills history with 400
WR Robert Woods
• One touchdown to record the fifth of his career
• 14 catches to reach 75 for his career
• 179 receiving yards to reach 1,000 for his career
TE Scott Chandler
• Needs 135 receiving yards to reach 2,000 for his career
• Needs one receiving touchdown to become the fourth Bills TE with 15 or more in his career
CB Corey Graham
• Needs five passes defensed to tie career-high with 12 in a season
DE Jerry Hughes
• Needs one sack to reach 20.0 for his career
DE Mario Williams
• Needs four sacks to reach 85.0 for his career
S Da'Norris Searcy
• Needs one tackle to reach 150 for his career
RB/KR C.J. Spiller
• Needs 40 kickoff return yards to record 1,500 for his career
K Dan Carpenter
• Two made FGs to reach 175 for his career
• Four made FGs to reach 50 as a Bill
• Needs five PATs to convert 200 for his career
BILLS-VIKINGS SERIES HIGHS
Bills: 92, Greg Bell 9/29/85 @ BUF
Vikings: 169, Robert Smith 8/31/97 @ BUF
Bills: 185, Peerless Price 9/15/02 @ MIN
Vikings: 142, Sammy White 11/16/82 @ BUF
Bills: 463, Drew Bledsoe 9/15/02 @ MIN
Vikings: 281, Daunte Culpepper 9/15/02 @ MIN
• Bills HC Doug Marrone had a brief playing stint in Minnesota (1990) before closing his career with the NFLE London Monarchs
• Bills OL coach Pat Morris held the same position in Minnesota (2006-10).
• Vikings GM Rick Spielman's younger brother, Chris Spielman, had a three-year playing stint with the Bills from 1996-1998.
• Bills LB coach Fred Pagac served as both the LB coach and as the defensive coordinator during his tenure in Minnesota (2006-13).
• Bills QB coach Todd Downing served as a Football Systems Analyst and an Offensive Quality Control coach in Minnesota (2003-05).
• Vikings Assistant strength and conditioning coach Aaron McLaurin is a Buffalo, N.Y. native.
• Bills T Seantrel Henderson's hometown is St. Paul, Minnesota. He starred at Cretin-Derham Hall High School, which was about a 15-minute drive from the Metrodome. He led Cretin-Derham to a win over Eden Prairie for the Minnesota Class 5A championship in 2009.
• Bills STC Danny Crossman and Vikings OL coach Jeff Davidson coached together in Carolina from 2007-09. Crossman also served as special teams assistant in Carolina, while Vikings scout Steven Price worked in the Panthers' equipment room from 2002-05.
• Bills OL coach Pat Morris coached with Vikings WR coach George Stewart while with the San Francisco 49ers from 1997-2002.
• Vikings OT Matt Kalil's father, Frank Kalil, was signed by Buffalo in 1982 as a center before playing in the USFL.
• Vikings WR Greg Jennings and Bills DE Jarius Wynn played on the Green Bay Packers from 2009-2011, winning Super Bowl XLV.
• Bills LB Keith Rivers and Vikings NT Linval Joseph were New York Giants teammates from 2012-13.
• Vikings QB Christian Ponder was Florida State teammates with Bills LB Nigel Bradham and Bills QB EJ Manuel from 2008-10, along with LS Garrison Sanborn in 2007. Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes was also on the Seminoles roster in 2009 and 2010.
• Bills OT Cordy Glenn played with Vikings K Blair Walsh at Georgia from 2008-11.
• Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater was University of Louisville teammates with Bills LB Preston Brown from 2011-13. Both players served as key pieces to the Louisville team that defeated Florida 33-23 in the 2013 Sugar Bowl.
• Bills TE Chris Gragg and Vikings WR Jarius Wright were Razorbacks teammates from 2008-11.
• Vikings G Charlie Johnson and Bills LB Jerry Hughes were teammates in Indianapolis for the 2012 season that saw the Colts win the AFC South and post a 10-6 record.
• In 2007, Bills LB Keith Rivers and Vikings DE Everson Griffen were teammates at USC, winning the 2008 Rose Bowl.
• From 2003-05, Bills TE Scott Chandler and Vikings LB Chad Greenway were Iowa Hawkeye teammates. Iowa finished ranked number eight in the country in both 2003 and 2004.