BUFFALO WELCOMES K.C. TO THE RALPH
The Buffalo Bills will return to Ralph Wilson Stadium in Week Nine and host the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, November 3. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. ET.
Sunday's game will mark the 42nd regular season meeting between Buffalo and Kansas City, with the Bills holding a 5-1 mark in their last six games against the Chiefs.
With a win over Kansas City on Sunday, Buffalo will:
• Defeat the Chiefs for the third consecutive year
• Earn their first win against an undefeated team entering the game with an 8-0 record or better (0-3)
BILLS-CHIEFS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 23-17-1
• Bills at home vs. Chiefs: 12-5-1
• Last meeting at home: 9/16/2012, W 35-17
• First regular season meeting: 11/6/1960, L 28-45 at Dallas Texans
• Last regular season meeting: 9/16/2012, W 35-17 at Buffalo
The Bills will travel to Pittsburgh in Week 10 when they face the Steelers on Sunday, Nov. 10 at 1 p.m. ET.
Buffalo and Kansas City will meet for the 42nd time in the regular season this week. The Bills hold a 23-17-1 all-time record against the Chiefs and have won five of the previous six regular season contests vs. Kansas City. Sunday's game at Ralph Wilson Stadium will mark the second year in a row the Bills will have hosted the Chiefs. The two teams have squared off 13 times in the month of October (9-4 overall; 5-1 at home).
BILLS-CHIEFS SERIES HIGHS
Bills: 185, Joe Cribbs 12/4/83 @ KC
Chiefs: 177, Jamaal Charles 10/31/10 @ KC
Bills: 161, Elbert Dubenion 11/6/60 @ BUF
Chiefs: 146, Derrick Alexander 11/19/00 @ KC
Bills: 300, Jack Kemp 10/13/63 @ KC
Chiefs: 355, Len Dawson 12/12/65 @ BUF
• Before joining Buffalo, Bills National Scout Chuck Cook was the Chiefs' Director of College Scouting for 11 years. He also spent 13 years as a regional scout for the Chiefs. Kansas City gave Cook his first NFL job when they hired him in 1984.
• Chiefs TE Kevin Brock played for the Bills in 2011. He made two receptions for 27 yards
• Chiefs OT Branden Albert is a native of Rochester, NY - home of the Buffalo Bills Training Camp.
• Bills HC Doug Marrone and Chiefs LB coach Gary Gibbs coached with the Saints from 2006-08. Marrone was the team's OC, while Gibbs was the DC. In 2006, both coaches helped New Orleans reach its first NFC Championship Game in franchise history.
• Chiefs RB coach Eric Bieniemy and Bills OL coach Pat Morris worked together on the Vikings' coaching staff from 2006-10.
• From 2006-08, Buffalo DL coach Anthony Weaver and DE Mario Williams and Chiefs CB Dunta Robinson were cohorts on the Houston Texans' defense.
• Williams was also Houston teammates with Chiefs S Quintin Demps from 2010-11.
• Bills OL Erik Pears in 2010 played for Chiefs OL coach Andy Heck when Heck held the same position in Jacksonville.
• Buffalo WR Coach Ike Hilliard served as the Asst. WR coach for the Dolphins in 2011 when Chiefs TE Anthony Fasano played in Miami. Chiefs CB Sean Smith was also a member of the team.
• From 2007-12, Chiefs DE Mike DeVito played for the New York Jets under several Bills coaches, including DC Mike Pettine (2009-12), Asst. DB coach Samson Brown (2010-11), LB coach Jim O'Neil (2009-12) and DL coach Anthony Weaver (2012). Chiefs DC Bob Sutton was on the New York Jets coaching staff from 2000-12.
• Buffalo DL Jerry Hughes and Chiefs WR Donnie Avery played for the Colts last season.
• Bills HC Doug Marrone and Chiefs LB coach Gary Gibbs were part of Georgia's coaching staff in 2000.
• From 2004-05, Bills DL Kyle Williams and QB Matt Flynn were LSU teammates with Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe and DE Tyson Jackson.
• Bills DB Ron Brooks played on the same LSU defense as Chiefs DE Tyson Jackson in 2008.
• From 2009-11, Bills DL Marcell Dareus and Chiefs LB Nico Johnson were members of the same Alabama Crimson Tide defense.
• Chiefs rookie RB Knile Davis and Bills rookie TE Chris Gragg were Arkansas teammates from 2009-11.
• Bills QB EJ Manuel and LB Nigel Bradham were teammates with Chiefs C Rodney Hudson at Florida State from 2008-10.
• Buffalo OL Cordy Glenn and Kansas City LB Justin Houston attended Georgia together from 2008-10.
• In 2006, Bills LB Arthur Moats and Chiefs LB Akeem Jordan were part of the same James Madison defense.
• Bills S Jairus Byrd and Chiefs OL Geoff Schwartz were Oregon teammates in 2006.
• Bills LB Jamaal Westerman and Chiefs TE Kevin Brock and CB Marcus Cooper in 2008 were members of the Rutgers Scarlet Knights.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
QB Thad Lewis
• 144 passing yards to reach 1,000 in his NFL career
• 16 completed passes to mark 100 in his NFL career
RB C.J. Spiller
• One 100-yard rushing game for his eighth such game and to break a tie for sole possession of eighth-most in team history (Antowain Smith, 7)
• 11 rushing yards to move into 12th in team history (Kenneth Davis: 2,460)
• 50 rushing yards to reach 2,500 in his career
• 79 receiving yards to record 1,000 in his career
RB Fred Jackson
• One rushing touchdown to move into a tie with Antowain Smith for sixth most in team history (26)
• 25 receiving yards to join Thurman Thomas (11,938 / 4,341) as the second player in team history to post 4,000 rushing and 2,000 receiving yards
WR Stevie Johnson
• Will extend his current streak of consecutive games with a catch to 56 with a reception on Sunday
• Nine catches to move into ninth in team history (Peerless Price - 288)
TE Scott Chandler
• Will match Reuben Grant (15) for third-most touchdown catches among Bills tight ends all-time with his next scoring grab
DT Kyle Williams
• 2.5 sacks to notch 25.0 in his NFL career
DE Mario Williams
• Will extend his consecutive games with a sack to six with a quarterback takedown on Sunday
• 0.5 of a sack to record 75 in his NFL career
• 3.0 sacks to match a personal single-season best of 14.0 (2007)
DT Marcell Dareus
• 1.5 sacks to match single-season personal bests of 5.5 in 2011 and 2012
DE Jerry Hughes
• 1.0 sack to match a single-season best of 4.0 (2012)
LB Kiko Alonso
• Two interceptions to match a franchise record among rookie linebackers set by Mike Stratton in 1963 (6)
FS Jairus Byrd
• One multi-interception game to become the third Bill with five multi-pick games (Tom Janik - 6 and Billy Atkins - 5)
K Dan Carpenter
• One point to reach 600 in his NFL career
• Will match Joe Danelo (18) for 10th on the team's field goal made chart with two successful kicks
CB/PR Leodis McKelvin
• Eight punt return yards to move into fourth in team history (Kevin Williams - 700)