BILLS HOST JETS AT THE RALPH
The Buffalo Bills will return to Ralph Wilson Stadium and host the New York Jets in Week 11 on Sunday, November 17. Kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m. Sunday's game will mark the 106th regular season meeting between Buffalo and the New York Jets, with the Bills holding a 54-51 advantage in the series.
With a win over New York on Sunday, Buffalo will:
• Own a two-game home winning streak against the Jets for the first time since 2004-05
BILLS-JETS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 54-51
• Bills at home vs. Jets: 29-23
• Last meeting at home: 12/30/2012, W 28-9
• First regular season meeting: 9/11/1960, L 3-27 at New York Titans
• Last regular season meeting: 9/22/2013, L 20-27 at New York
The Bills will head into their bye week in Week 12. Buffalo will host the Atlanta Falcons in its next game at Rogers Centre (Toronto, Ontario) on Sunday, December 1 at 4:05 p.m.
Buffalo and New York will meet for the 106th time in the regular season this week. The Bills are 54-51 all-time against the Jets and won last year's contest at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Sunday's game at Ralph Wilson Stadium will mark the 53rd meeting between the two teams in Buffalo (29-23 overall, 21-17 at Ralph Wilson Stadium). Buffalo and New York have squared off 25 times in the month of November (12-13).
BILLS-JETS SERIES HIGHS
Bills: 243, Cookie Gilchrist 12/8/1963 @ BUF
Jets: 210, Thomas Jones 10/18/2009 @ NYJ
Bills: 255, Jerry Butler 9/23/1979 @ BUF
Jets: 180, Don Maynard 12/19/1965 @ NYJ
Bills: 367, Joe Ferguson 9/23/1979 @ BUF
Jets: 370, Ken O'Brien 12/8/1985 @ BUF
• Several members of Buffalo's coaching staff had previous coaching stints with the Jets: Bills HC Doug Marrone: OL coach 2002-05, DC Mike Pettine: DC 2009-12, Asst. DB Coach Samson Brown: Coaching Asst. 2010-11, DB coach Donnie Henderson: DC 2004-05, LB coach Jim O'Neil: DQC and DB coach 2009, Asst. DB 2010-11, DL coach Anthony Weaver: Asst. DL 2012.
• New York CB Ellis Lankster played in 10 games for Buffalo during the 2009 season and was a seventh-round selection of the Bills.
• Buffalo Director of Pro Personnel Kelvin Fisher joined the New York Jets as a free agent in 1992.
• Bills National Scout Chuck Cook was a member of the Jets training camp following his collegiate career.
• New York OL coach Mike Devlin was selected in the fifth-round of the 1993 NFL Draft by the Bills, and appeared in Super Bowl XXVIII.
• Jets QB coach David Lee held the same position with the Bills in 2012.
• Jets college scout David Hinson worked in scouting for the Bills from 2000-04. He received a bachelor's degree in business management at the University of Buffalo, where he played tailback.
• New York WR David Nelson entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Bills in 2010 and spent his first three years in Buffalo.
• Bills WR Chris Hogan is a native of Ramapo, NJ and played one year of college football at Monmouth University.
• Buffalo LB Jamaal Westerman played collegiately at Rutgers.
• Jets GM John Idzik's first coaching assignment came in 1982 as receivers coach at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
• Bills DC Mike Pettine coached with Jets HC Rex Ryan in New York and also in Baltimore. Pettine served as Ryan's defensive coordinator from 2009-12. He and Ryan coached together in Baltimore where Pettine first served as coaching and video assistant (2002), coaching assistant and quality control coach (2003), defensive assistant (2004) and outside linebackers coach (2005-08) while Ryan was the defensive line coach (1999-2004) and then the defensive coordinator (2005-08) of the Ravens.
• Bills DB coach Donnie Henderson also coached with Ryan in Baltimore when he was the Asst. DB coach (1999) and DB coach (2000-03) at the same time Ryan was DL coach (1999-2004).
• Bills OL coach Pat Morris coached with Jets DL coach Karl Kunbar in Minnesota. Morris and Kunbar served the same positions with the Vikings.
• Morris also coached with Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg in San Fransisco. Morris was the 49ers' TE and Asst. OL coach (1997-98) and OL coach (1999-03), while Mornhinweg was the OC and QB coach.
• Bills C Eric Wood blocked for Jets RB Bilal Powell at Louisville in 2007.
• Buffalo RB C.J. Spiller (2006-09) played with Jets LB Ricky Sapp (2006-09) at Clemson.
• Bills SS Da'Norris Searcy was a teammate of Jets DE Quinton Coples from 2008-10 at North Carolina.
• Buffalo LB Jerry Hughes and Jets WR Jeremy Kerley played at Texas Christian together from 2007-09.
• Bills DT Alan Branch (2004-06) manned the Michigan defense with Jets LB David Harris (2004-06).
• Bills RB Tashard Choice was a Georgia Tech teammate of Jets S Dawan Landry at Georgia Tech in 2005
• Buffalo LS Garrison Sanborn and Jets CB Antonio Cromartie were teammates at Florida State from 2003-05.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
QB EJ Manuel
• One touchdown pass to match Trent Edwards (7, 2007) for the second-most among Bills rookie quarterbacks
RB C.J. Spiller
• 29 receiving yards to record 1,000 in his career
RB Fred Jackson
• One rushing score to tie Antowain Smith for sixth in team history (26) and to set a personal single-season best of seven
WR Stevie Johnson
• Will extend his current streak of consecutive games with a catch to 58 with a reception on Sunday
• Four catches to match Elbert Dubenion (294) for eighth-most and five to tie Bob Chandler (295) for seventh-most in Bills record books
• 29 receiving yards to reach 500 in 2013
• 67 receiving yards to match Peerless Price (3,772) for ninth in Bills history
• 10 receptions to tally 300 in his NFL career
WR T.J. Graham
• Three catches to reach 50 in his NFL career
TE Scott Chandler
• Will match Reuben Grant (15) for third-most touchdown catches among Bills tight ends all-time with his next scoring grab
• A catch in Sunday's game to tie Pete Metzelaars (27) for the second most consecutive games with a catch by a Bills tight end
DT Kyle Williams
• 0.5 sack to match a personal single-season best of 5.5 (2010)
• 1.5 sacks to notch 25.0 in his NFL career
DE Mario Williams
• 0.5 of a sack to record 75 in his NFL career
• 3.0 sacks to match a personal single-season best of 14.0 (2007)
DT Marcell Dareus
• 0.5 a sack to match single-season personal bests of 5.5 (2011, 2012)
• Three tackles to record his first 50-tackle campaign of his NFL career
LB Kiko Alonso
• Will record his 100th tackle of the season with his next defensive stop and become the first Bills rookie linebacker since 1990 to reach the century mark in his freshman campaign (StatsPass.com)
• Two interceptions to match a franchise record among rookie linebackers set by Mike Stratton in 1963 (6)
CB Leodis McKelvin
• One pass defensed to match a single-season high of 11 in 2010
FS Jairus Byrd
• One interception to mark the 20th of his NFL career
• One multi-interception game to become the third Bill with five multi-pick games (Tom Janik - 6 and Billy Atkins - 5)
K Dan Carpenter
• Will break a tie with Booth Lusteg (19) for ninth on the team's field goal made chart with his next successful kick
• Four field goals made to total 150 in his NFL career LS Garrison Sanborn
• Will play in the 75th game of his NFL career on Sunday