The Buffalo Bills will travel to Miami for their first of two back-to-back road games with a match-up at the Dolphins on Sunday, October 20th. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m.
Sunday's game will mark the 95th regular season meeting between Buffalo and Miami with the Dolphins owning a 31-15-1 home record against the Bills in South Florida.
With a win over Miami on Sunday, Buffalo will:
• Win their first game in Miami since 2010 (12/19, 17-14)
BILLS-DOLPHINS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 37-56-1
• Bills on road at Dolphins: 15-31-1
• Last meeting on road: 12/23/2012, L 10-24
• First regular season meeting: 9/18/1966, W 58-24 at Buffalo
• Last regular season meeting: 12/23/2012, L 10-24
Buffalo will travel to New Orleans in Week Eight for the team's second of two consecutive road trips with a match-up at the Saints on Sunday, October 27 at 1 p.m.
Buffalo and Miami will meet for the 95th time in the regular season this week. The Bills are 37-56-1 all-time against the Dolphins. This week's game will mark the 48th regular season road game for Buffalo in their series against Miami (15-31-1). The two teams have squared off 25 previous times in the month of October (9-15-1).
BILLS-DOLPHINS SERIES HIGHS
Bills: 203, O.J. Simpson 12/5/1976 @ MIA
Dolphins: 228, Ricky Williams 12/1/2002 @ BUF
Bills: 196, Eric Moulds 11/25/2001 @ BUF
Dolphins: 238, Chris Chambers 12/4/2005 @ MIA
Bills: 419, Joe Ferguson 10/9/1983 @ MIA
Dolphins: 404, Dan Marino 11/16/1986 @ BUF
• Buffalo HC Doug Marrone played for Miami during the 1987 season.
• Bills WR Coach Ike Hilliard was the Assistant WR coach for the Miami in 2011.
• Bills K Dan Carpenter spent his first five seasons (2008-12) in the NFL with the Dolphins, where he holds the record for longest field goal in franchise history (60 yards).
• Buffalo WR Chris Hogan spent time on the Dolphins practice squad in both the 2011 and 2012 season.
• Miami LB Coach George Edwards was the Defensive Coordinator for the Bills from 2010-11.
• Dolphins Defensive Assistant Jeff Burris was a first-round draft selection of Buffalo in 1994 and played four seasons with the Bills (1994-97).
• Dolphins G Richie Incognito started the final three games of the 2009 season for the Bills at right guard after being claimed off waivers from St. Louis.
• Several Bills players return to their home state of Florida: LB Nigel Bradham (Crawfordville), QB Thad Lewis (Opa-Locka), DB Nickell Robey (Frostproof), LS Garrison Sanborn (Tampa) and RB C.J. Spiller (Lake Butler).
• Bills QB Thad Lewis was a Cleveland Browns teammate of Dolphins' DB Dimitri Patterson from 2011-12.
• Bills LB Jerry Hughes and Dolphins LB Phillip Wheeler manned the defense with the Indianapolis Colts in the 2010 and 2011 seasons.
• Dolphins DC Kevin Coyle was a member of the Bengals' coaching staff while Bills LB Manny Lawson was in Cincinnati in 2011.
• Buffalo OL Doug Legursky and Dolphins WR Mike Wallace were both on the Pittsburgh Steelers from 2009-12. Bills OL Kraig Urbik and FB Frank Summers were also members of the Steelers in 2009.
• Bills S Jim Leonhard and Dolphins LB Jason Trusnik were both a part of the New York Jets defense in 2009. They were led by current Bills DC Mike Pettine.
• Bills RB C.J. Spiller and Dolphins S Chris Clemons played on opposite sides of the ball for Clemson from 2006-08.
• Bills RB Tashard Choice and Dolphins LB Phillip Wheeler were teammates at Georgia Tech from 2005-07.
• Bills OL Cordy Glenn and Dolphins S Reshad Jones shared a locker room at Georgia from 2008-0 while Dolphins LB Dannell Ellerbe was a member of the Bulldogs in 2008.
• Bills OL Colin Brown and Dolphins TE Michael Egnew were both on the 2008 Missouri Tigers squad.
• Bills K Dan Carpenter and Dolphins S Jimmy Wilson played together at the University of Montana from 2004-06.
• Bills S Duke Williams and Dolphins WR Rishard Matthews were-time contributors for the Nevada Wolfpack from 2009-11.
• Bills S Da'Norris Searcy and Dolphins DT Marvin Austin entered the University of North Carolina together in 2007 and played all four years for the Tar Heels through 2010.
• Bills S Jairus Byrd and Bills LB Kiko Alonso spent some time at the University of Oregon with Dolphins DE Dion Jordan and LB Josh Kaddu. All four players were on the team in 2008. Alonso and Jordan played together from 2008-12 and Kaddu joined them from 08-11
• Bills LB Jamaal Westerman and Dolphins LB Jonathan Freeny helped lead the Rutgers linebackers in the 2007 and 2008 seasons
• Bills CB Brandon Burton was a member of the Utah Utes alongside Dolphins LB Koa Misi and CB R.J. Stanford from 2007-09. Dolphins DE Derrick Shelby was also a Ute in 2008 and 2009.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
QB Thad Lewis
• 80 passing yards for 500 in his NFL career
• Two passing touchdowns to tally five in his NFL career
RB C.J. Spiller
• One 100-yard rushing game for his eighth such game and to break a tie for sole possession of eighth-most in team history (Antowain Smith, 7)
• 22 rushing yards to move into 12th in team history (Kenneth Davis: 2,460)
• 61 rushing yards to reach 2,500 in his career
• 75 receiving yards to record 1,000 in his career
RB Fred Jackson
• One rushing touchdown to move into a tie with Willis McGhaee for eighth-most in team history (24)
• 82 receiving yards to join Thurman Thomas (11,938 / 4,341) as the second player in team history to post 4,000 rushing and 2,000 receiving yards
WR Stevie Johnson
• Will extend his current streak of consecutive games with a catch to 54 with a reception on Sunday
• 10 catches to move into 10th in team history (Jerry Butler - 278)
• 11 receiving yards to reach 3,500 in his career
• 87 receiving yards to move into 10th in Bills history (Josh Reed: 3,575)
TE Scott Chandler
• Sunday's game will mark the 50th game played of his NFL career
• Will match Reuben Grant (15) for third-most among touchdown catches among Bills tight ends all-time with his next scoring grab
DE Mario Williams
• 2.0 sacks to reach 10.0 in 2013 to mark the fourth double-digit sack season of his NFL career and for the second straight year
DT Marcell Dareus
• 1.5 sacks to match single-season personal bests of 5.5 in 2011 and 2012
LB Kiko Alonso
• Two interceptions to match a franchise record among rookie linebackers set by Mike Stratton in 1963 (6)
• Nine tackles to record 75 in his rookie campaign
CB Justin Rogers
• Will set a personal single-season best of two interceptions with his next pick (1 in 2011, 2012 and 2013)
FS Jairus Byrd
• One multi-interception game to become the third Bill with five multi-pick games (Tom Janik - 6 and Billy Atkins - 5)
K Dan Carpenter
• Will match Scott Norwood (13 - 9/4/88-10/2/88) for the fourth-longest consecutive field goals made streak if he connects on his next try
CB/PR Leodis McKelvin
• 26 punt return yards to move into fourth in team history (Kevin Williams - 700)