BILLS HOST FALCONS IN TORONTO**
The Buffalo Bills return from their Week 12 bye and will host the Atlanta Falcons in Toronto's Rogers Centre on Sunday, December 1. Kickoff is set for 4:05 p.m.
Sunday's game will mark the 11th regular season meeting between Buffalo and Atlanta, with the Falcons holding a 6-4 advantage in the series.
With a win over Atlanta on Sunday, Buffalo will:
• Improve to 2-1 against NFC South opponents in 2013
BILLS-FALCONS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 4-6
• Bills at home vs. Falcons: 3-2
• Last meeting at home: 9/25/2005, L 16-24
• First regular season meeting: 12/2/1973, W 17-6 at Atlanta
• Last regular season meeting: 12/27/2009, L 3-31 at Atlanta
The Bills will travel to Florida twice in the next two weeks. The team will square off in Tampa Bay against the Buccaneers on Sunday, December 8 followed by a December 15 tilt at the Jacksonville Jaguars.
BILLS AND FALCONS IN TORONTO
This week's game will mark the sixth regular season game the Bills will have played in Toronto since 2008.
Buffalo and Atlanta will meet for the 11th time in the regular season this week. The Bills are 4-6 all-time against the Falcons and have won three of the five home contests in the series. Sunday's game at Rogers Centre will mark the fifth meeting in the month of December between the two teams (1-3).
BILLS-FALCONS SERIES HIGHS
Bills: 181, Kenneth Davis 11/22/1992 @ BUF
Falcons: 158, William Andrews 12/18/1983 @ BUF
Bills: 122, Jerry Butler 11/2/1980 @ BUF
Falcons: 139, Roddy White 12/27/2009 @ ATL
Bills: 272, Jim Kelly11/12/1995 @ BUF
Falcons: 431, Chris Chandler 12/23/2001 @ ATL
• Bills RB Ronnie Wingo signed with the Falcons as an undrafted free agent and spent training camp with them this season.
• Falcons VP of Sponsorship Sales & Service Tim Zulawski interned with the Bills public relations department during his senior year of high school.
• Bills RB Tashard Choice is a native of Hampton, Ga., which is 30 miles from Atlanta. At Lovejoy High School in Hampton, Choice was a first-team all-state pick his senior year and had his high school jersey retired.
• The hometown of Bills LT Cordy Glenn - Riverdale - is 20 minutes south of Atlanta. He also played his college football at the University of Georgia.
• Bill CB Leodis McKelvin was born and raised in Waycross, GA. He played his high school ball at Ware County High School and was honored by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a first-team AAAA All-State player
• Bills SS Da'Norris Searcy is a native of Decatur, GA. He was a two-way standout at defensive back and running back at Towers High School.
• Falcons VP of Sponsorship Sales & Service Tim Zulawski grew up 20 minutes from Buffalo in Hamburg, N.Y.
• From 2006-07, Falcons K Matt Bryant was on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers while Bills OC Nathaniel Hackett was on the Bucs' coaching staff as an offensive quality control coach.
• Falcons HC Mike Smith and Bills DB coach Donnie Henderson worked on the Baltimore Ravens' coaching staff together from 1999-2002. The duo won a Super Bowl with the Ravens in 2000.
• Henderson coached alongside Falcons OC Dirk Koetter in Jacksonville during the 2008 season.
• Koetter coached Bills OT Erik Pears in Jacksonville in 2010. Koetter held the same position with the Jaguars.
• Bills LB Manny Lawson played for Falcons DC Mike Nolan in San Francisco from 2006-08. Nolan was then the 49ers' head coach.
• Nolan coached Bills DL coach Anthony Weaver in Baltimore from 2002-04.
• Two NFL veterans on Buffalo and Atlanta played in college together 10 years ago. Bills TE Scott Chandler shared a locker room with Falcons DT Jonathan Babineaux at Iowa from 2003-04.
• Bills WR Stevie Johnson played college ball at Kentucky with Falcons DT Corey Peters from 2006-07.
• Buffalo CB Stephon Gilmore and Falcons FB Patrick DiMarco, DE Cliff Matthews and DT Travian Robertson played at South Carolina from 2009-10.
• Bills TE Coach Greg Adkins was the OL Coach at Troy in 2002 when Falcons DE Osi Umenyiora was a senior.
• Bills C Eric Wood and Falcons WR Harry Douglas worked together on the same Louisville offense from 2005-07
• In 2009, Bills RB C.J. Spiller played alongside Falcons DE Malliciah Goodman at Clemson.
• From 2006-09, Bills WR Marcus Easley and Falcons CB Robert McClain played on the same UCONN squad.
• Bills LB Nigel Bradham and QB EJ Manuel were teammates with Falcons RB Antone Smith at Florida State during the 2008 season.
• Buffalo LS Garrison Sanborn and Falcons RB Antone Smith were Florida State teammates from 2005-07.
• From 2008-10, Bills OT Cordy Glenn played college ball with Falcons LB Akeem Dent at Georgia.
• Bills SS Da'Norris Searcy and Falcons G Garrett Reynolds were North Carolina teammates from 2007-08.
• Buffalo LB Kiko Alonso and OL Marc Asper and Falcons WR Drew Davis were teammates at Oregon in 2009.
• Bills G Kraig Urbik was teammates with Falcons C Peter Konz at Wisconsin in 2008.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
QB EJ Manuel
• Two touchdown passes to match a franchise record among rookie signal callers (Dennis Shaw: 1970, 10)
• 25 pass completions to surpass Trent Edwards (152, 2007) for the second-most among Bills rookie quarterbacks
• 246 passing yards to move into second in team history among rookie quarterbacks (Trent Edwards: 2007, 1,630)
RB C.J. Spiller
• 19 receiving yards to record 1,000 in his career
RB Fred Jackson
• One rushing score to tie Antowain Smith for sixth in team history (26) and to set a personal single-season best of seven
WR Stevie Johnson
• Will extend his current streak of consecutive games with a catch to 58 with a reception against Atlanta
• Four catches to match Elbert Dubenion (294) for eighth-most and five to tie Bob Chandler (295) for seventh-most in Bills record books
• 29 receiving yards to reach 500 in 2013
• 67 yards to match Peerless Price (3,772) for ninth in team history
• 10 receptions to tally 300 in his NFL career
WR T.J. Graham
• One reception to reach 50 in his NFL career
TE Scott Chandler
• Will match Reuben Grant (15) for third-most touchdown catches among Bills tight ends all-time with his next scoring grab
• A catch in the team's next game to break a tie with Pete Metzelaars (27) for the second most consecutive games with a catch by a Bills tight end
• 72 receiving yards to become the first Bills tight end with back-to-back 500 receiving yard campaigns
DE Mario Williams
• 0.5 of a sack to record 75.0 in his NFL career
• 3.0 sacks to match a personal single-season best of 14.0 (2007)
DT Marcell Dareus
• 0.5 a sack to match single-season personal bests of 5.5 (2011, 2012)
DE Jerry Hughes
• Will set a career-high for tackles with two stops (34 in 2012)
LB Kiko Alonso
• Two interceptions to match a franchise record among rookie linebackers set by Mike Stratton in 1962 (6)
• 13 tackles to record 125 on the season
CB Leodis McKelvin
• Will appear in the 75th game of his NFL career against Atlanta
• One pass defensed to set a personal single-season high (11 in 2013, 2010)
FS Jairus Byrd
• Will tie George Saimes (22) for the 10th most interceptions in Bills history with his next pick
• One multi-interception game to become the second Bill with six multi-interception games (Tom Janik - 6)
K Dan Carpenter
• Will convert the 150th field goal of his NFL career with his next successful kick
• 12 points to record the fifth season of his NFL career with at least 100 points
P Brian Moorman
• Needs five punts to become the sixth player in NFL history with 900-plus punts with one team