The Buffalo Bills, Pepsi Beverages Company and Tops Friendly Markets teamed up to provide grants to help refresh area youth football teams. Team representatives submitted their ideas on how they would use the $2,500 to help "improve their game." Entries were accepted on-line, between 5/30/10 – 7/10/10, at www.topsmarkets.com.
Entries were judged on the following criteria:
• Impact: 40% content focused on why the designated program needs aid
• Concept: 40% level of detail on how the Pepsi Grant will be used
• Execution: 20% on the feasibility of the project.
On August 28, the winners were announced during the Buffalo Bills Kids Day game. A total of $7,500 was awarded to the following youth football organizations:
• Western NY Saints (Amherst, NY), to update safety protective equipment for kids in this little league football organization.
• Carnegie Scranton Recreation Association (Hamburg, NY), to purchase football equipment for players.
• Loyal Roy-Hart Football & Cheerleading (Gasport, NY), to recondition, paint and repair football helmets.
• Williamsville Junior Football (Williamsville, NY), to complete their new practice/game field.
"We are thrilled for these teams, their coaches and parents who will benefit from these grants. It's great to hear that these funds will be used to upgrade equipment and improve the fields our kids play on," said Michael Adams, Pepsi Beverages Company Buffalo area regional sales director. "Each improvement will keep our kids active and safe, and the Pepsi Beverages Company team is proud to help contribute to their continued success."
For more information, visit the community page on buffalobills.com.