Josh Allen made history in more ways than one
- It was Allen's 7th career game with 3 pass TD and a rush TD, 3rd-most in NFL history, per ESPN Stats & Info. That trails only Tom Brady (8) and Drew Brees (9).
- In the second half, Allen had a perfect passer rating (158.3).
- Allen was moving at 13.6 MPH before throwing his 53-yard TD to Stefon Diggs. Per Next Gen Stats, that's the fastest a QB has been running on a completion of at least 50 air yards since 2016.
- Allen's time to throw of 2.47 seconds was the second-fastest of his career.
Allen is the first QB in NFL history to accomplish the following in the same game:
- 250+ passing yards
- 50+ rushing yards
- 3+ passing TD
- 1+ rushing TD
- 80% completions
- a victory
The offense converted 9 of 10 third down situations (90%). That's tied for the best third down conversion rate in a single game over the last decade.
Defense sets the tone
- Von Miller recorded a pass rush win rate of 47% last night, per Next Gen Stats. Thats's the best win rate he had in all but one of his games from the 2021 season.
- The Bills sacked Matthew Stafford seven times without blitzing on a single play. That's tied for the 4th-most sacks by an NFL team without blitzing in a game since 2016.
- 5 different Bills players had at least 3 plays or more of recording a QB pressure. DT Jordan Phillips led the team with 6, which was more than the entire Rams defense combined.
- The Bills are the only team in the Next Gen Stats era (since 2016) to not blitz on a single play in a game. They've done it three times now under head coach Sean McDermott (2020 vs KC, 2021 vs KC, 2022 vs LAR).
Buffalo winning big
- The Bills' last 18 regular-season wins have all been by a double-digit margin, the second-longest streak in NFL history.
- The Bills handed the Rams the second-largest defeat to a defending Super Bowl champion in Week 1 (only behind Broncos over Ravens in 2014).
- Buffalo is averaging 38 points per game over their last 3 games, including playoffs, the highest ppg among all NFL teams.
Scroll for game photos between the Buffalo Bills at the Los Angeles Rams in Week 1 of the 2022 season.