Location: New Era Field, Orchard Park, N.Y.
Regular season records: Buffalo (4-7), Jacksonville (3-8)
In a nutshell:
Buffalo’s offense picked up where it left off after the bye week, totaling 329 net yards in their 24-21 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Quarterback Josh Allen played well in his return from injury, completing eight passes for 160 yards and one touchdown. The rookie also put his athleticism on display in the win, rushing for 99 yards on 13 attempts.
Rookie wideout Robert Foster shined for the second consecutive week, reeling in two passes for 94 yards and one score.
After a shaky start, Buffalo’s defense shut the Jaguars down in the second half. The Bills held the Jags to just seven points in the final frames, ultimately helping the team secure the victory.
With the win, the Bills improved to 4-7 on the season.
How it went down:
- A Jalen Ramsey face mask penalty turned a 32-yard Kelvin Benjamin reception into a 47-yard play midway through the first quarter. Just two plays later, Isaiah McKenzie strolled into the end zone from six yards out, giving Buffalo the early lead (7-0).
- Josh Allen put his highly-touted arm strength on display late in the first, connecting with Robert Foster on a 75-yard touchdown pass to double the Bills’ lead (14-0).
- Jacksonville leaned on the ground game on their third offensive drive of the day, handing the ball off a total of 10 times. The 11-play, 74-yard series culminated in a five-yard Leonard Fournette touchdown run (14-7).
- A 43-yard end around to Dede Westbrook flipped the field for the Jaguars on their fourth drive. Jacksonville followed this up with consecutive handoffs to Fournette, who picked up 22 yards and got the Jaguars down to the one-yard line. He eventually capped off the series with his second score of the day, tying the game at 14 with five minutes remaining in the half (14-14).
- Buffalo took possession of the ball at their own 32-yard line after Josh Lambo missed a field goal late in the third quarter. It took the Bills just three plays to drive the ball 68 yards down the field (with some help from a few defensive penalties), and Allen capped off the drive with a 14-yard touchdown run (21-14).
- A Jordan Poyer interception set the Bills up deep in Jags’ territory late in the fourth quarter. Buffalo, however, failed to find the end zone, settling for a 22-yard Stephen Hauschka field goal (24-14).
- Jacksonville methodically drove down the field in the game’s dying moments, capping off an eight-play, 70-yard drive with a touchdown pass to Westbrook (24-21).
- Robert Foster reeled in a 75-yard touchdown pass from Josh Allen late in the first, the longest pass of the quarterback’s young career. The score was the first of Foster’s career.
- Allen picked up 99 yards on the ground on Sunday, the highest rushing total out of a quarterback in a single game in team history.
- Matt Milano intercepted his third pass of the season on Sunday, becoming the first Buffalo linebacker to record three interceptions in one season since Nick Barnett did so in 2011.
- Poyer recorded his tenth career interception in the win.
- WR Isaiah McKenzie scored his first career touchdown on Sunday.
- LB Corey Thompson made his NFL debut on Sunday.
- Inactive for the game were QB Derek Anderson, WR Ray-Ray McCloud III, CB Ryan Lewis, OG Vladimir Ducasse, OG Ike Boettger, OT Conor McDermott, and TE Charles Clay.
Photos from all the action at New Era Field as the Buffalo Bills take on the Jacksonville Jaguars Week 12 of the 2018 season.
The Bills will be back on the road next week to take on the Miami Dolphins at Hard Rock Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.