The Bills continued their scorching hot start to the 2022 NFL season, racing past the Titans on Monday Night Football. Buffalo improved to 2-0 for the third time in four seasons.
Much like Week 1's win over the Rams, Monday's victory was another one for the record books.
Here's the top stats to know after a dominant 41-7 Bills win.
Bills blowout win leads to significant milestones
- The Bills scored more points in Week 2 (41) than the entire AFC South division combined (40).
- This was the Bills' 20th straight win by 10 or more points, tying the Chicago Bears' 20-game streak of such wins and matching the NFL record since 1940.
- Monday's winning margin of 34 points was Buffalo's largest since a 40-0 win vs. Houston on 10/3/21 and tied as the 9th largest in team history.
- The Bills' 24-point 3rd quarter was the team's 2nd largest output in that quarter in team history (scored 28 vs Car., 9/10/95)
- With an opening drive TD, the Bills have now scored TDs on the first drives in 5-straight regular season games, the club's longest streak since 1990.
- Kicker Tyler Bass is already one of only 5 NFL players since 1950 to record 294 or more points in his first 35 regular season games.
- Since the start of last season, the Bills have 3 games with 40 points and 4 forced turnovers. That's as many as the rest of the NFL combined.
- The Bills plus-55 point differential leads the NFL (2nd place - KC/TB, +26) and is the second-highest in team history through two games (1981, +63).
Halting Henry + Turnover totals
- Five different players recorded a tackle for a loss on Titans RB Derrick Henry: CB Christian Benford, DE Greg Rousseau, LB Tremaine Edmunds, LB Von Miller and S Jordan Poyer.
- The Bills defense limited Henry to 25 rush yards on 13 carries (1.92 yards/carry). That's his lowest yards per carry in a single game since Oct. 13, 2019 vs Denver (1.90).
- S Jordan Poyer became the first Bill with 2 INTs in his team's first two games since Terrence McGee (2008).
- The Bills had 3+ takeaways in two consecutive games for the first time since 1993.
- Stefon Diggs tied his career-high in TD catches in a single game with 3.
- It marked his first career NFL game with 10+ catches, 100+ receiving yards and multiple TDs.
- Since Stefon Diggs joined the Bills in 2020, he and Josh Allen have connected for 10 touchdowns in primetime games. That's the most of any QB-WR duo over that span.
- Diggs' 71 fantasy points through two games are the most by any wide receiver through two games since 2001 (Rod Smith, 71.1).
- Diggs leads all NFL WR with 4 TDs through two games.
Air it out Allen
- Tied a career-high with four TD passes.
- Allen currently leads all NFL players in 2022 with eight total touchdowns.
- All four of Josh Allen's TD passes were off of play action targeting a receiver in the seams. Three of the four traveled 10+ air yards. Since 2021, Allen leads the NFL in TDs off of play action (20) & TDs of 10+ air yards (29).
- Had 3 or more TD passes for 4th time in last 6 regular season games.
- Allen had just one rushing attempt the entire game, his fewest attempts in a single game since the 2019 home opener.
Check out the best sights after Buffalo won its 2022 home opener at Highmark Stadium.