ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. – In order to provide a safe venue for Monday's Bills Wildcard Playoff Game vs. the Steelers, the Buffalo Bills and Jani-King are asking anyone age 18 and over (or under 18 with proper working papers) interested in shoveling snow inside the stadium to come to Highmark Stadium beginning tonight (Sunday) at Midnight/12 a.m.
- There is a limit to the first 200 shovelers that show up to Highmark Stadium and register at the Jani-King office trailer.
- Shovelers can arrive and register beginning at 12 midnight and shovel snow throughout the night and into Monday morning.
- The rate of pay is $20 per hour.
- Complimentary beverages and breakfast in the morning will be provided in a comfortable warm break area.
- Those interested in shoveling must have proper photo identification (driver's license, state ID) to work.
The County and State are authorizing individuals to travel to the stadium to assist in snow removal in order to ensure the stadium is safe before it opens to the public on Monday.
If any person wishes to travel to the stadium to assist in snow removal, people are directed to drive down Route 20 (Southwestern Blvd) or Abbott Road, which are clear. The Thruway (Interstates 90 and 190), Route 219, Route 400 and Route 5 remain closed to all traffic.
Prospective snow shovelers are asked to dress appropriately for the weather (gloves, scarves, hats, coats, etc.) and to bring their own shovels, if possible, (shovels will be provided if you do not have one).
Shovelers may enter and park in Lot 6 off Abbott Road just north of the Team Store and proceed to the Jani-King office trailer at the bottom of the steps to register for work. There is a limit to the first 200 shovelers.
For more information, please email Jani-King at firstname.lastname@example.org