Orchard Park, New York
Buffalo Bills 35, Los Angeles Rams 32
Bills (3-0), Rams (2-1)
@ Las Vegas Raiders
Listed below are the notes, big plays, and interesting facts about today's Bills win against the Los Angeles Rams.
1. Josh Allen became the third Bills quarterback ever with consecutive 3-0 season starts, joining Jack Kemp (1964-65) and Jim Kelly (1991-92).
2. Bills Mafia sadly could not be inside the stadium for the game today, but they still found a way to show their support. Bills fans raised over $5,000 to fly a banner over the stadium during pre-game. The message on the banner stated, "Together or Apart, #BillsMafia Loves You!" The Bills really do have one of the best fan bases in the NFL.
3. The Rams first drive of the game was stopped in its tracks by back-to-back sacks. A.J. Epenesa sacked Jared Goff for a two-yard loss, and Matt Milano sacked Goff for an eight-yard loss. Both sacks were their first of the season and it was Epenesa's first sack of his NFL career. The sack brings Milano's career total to 3.5.
4. It was a good day to be a Bills tight end. Both Lee Smith and Tyler Kroft scored their first touchdowns of the season. Smith caught the Bills first touchdown of the game and his first since Week 5 of last season. Kroft caught two three-yard touchdown passes from Allen, one in the second quarter and one in the fourth to win the game for the Bills. Kroft caught the game-winner on Dec. 15, 2019 in Pittsburgh to beat the Steelers.
5. Allen had a total of 10 touchdowns in his first 10 quarters of the season. It took Allen six games last season to get 10 total touchdowns. Allen has accounted for 12 touchdowns this season, which is the most in franchise history surpassing Jim Kelly's 10 TDs in 1991.
6. Levi Wallace snagged his first interception of the season to stop the Rams second drive of the game. The third-year cornerback now has three picks in his NFL career.
7. Josh Allen scored the 19th rushing touchdown of his career in the second quarter. With four touchdown passes and one rushing touchdown today, it was Allen's 12th career game with both a passing & rushing touchdown. That ranks third-most by NFL QB in his first three seasons, behind Cam Newton (20) and Dak Prescott (13).
8. Corey Bojorquez had a career-long punt in the third quarter. He bombed a punt 72 yards the pins the Rams back to their own three-yard line.
9. With 311 passing yards, Josh Allen has set a new franchise record for passing yards in the first three games of a season. Allen now has 1,038 yards through the first three games of the season, he surpasses Jim Kelly who had 1,019 yards in three weeks in 1991. By throwing for over 300 yards in today's game, he joins Jim Kelly (1992) as the only Bills quarterbacks to have three consecutive 300-yard games. Allen also threw four touchdowns in today's win; he becomes the first quarterback in franchise history with back-to-back four-touchdown games.
10. Cole Beasley has caught six passes for 100 yards in today's game against the Rams. He now has 401 career receptions, and it was his first 100-yard game of the season.
11. Devin Singletary had a 34-yard catch in the first half. That is the second-longest reception of his career, he had a 49-yard reception last season against Washington. Singletary finished the game with 13 rushes for 71 yards and four receptions for 50 yards.
12. Josh Allen now has nine fourth-quarter comebacks in his career and has 10 game-winning drives. He becomes the first Bills quarterback with back-to-back comeback wins since Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2011.
Scroll through to see photos of all the action as the Bills take on the Rams at Bills Stadium, presented by Imagine Staffing.