BILLS AND SAINTS MEET IN NEW ORLEANS
The Buffalo Bills will travel to New Orleans for their second of two back-to-back road games with a match-up on Sunday, October 27. Kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m. ET. Sunday's game will mark the 10th regular season meeting between Buffalo and New Orleans with the Saints holding 5-4 advantage in the regular season series vs. the Bills.
With a win over New Orleans on Sunday, Buffalo will:
• Snap a three-game losing streak against the Saints
• Win back-to-back road games for the first time since 2009 (Weeks 6-7)
BILLS-SAINTS REGULAR SEASON SERIES
• Overall regular season record: 4-5
• Bills on road at Saints: 3-2
• Last meeting on road: 10/2/2005, L 7-19
• First regular season meeting: 11/4/1973, L 0-13 at New Orleans
• Last regular season meeting: 9/27/2009, L 7-27 at Buffalo
The Bills will return to Ralph Wilson Stadium in Week Nine and host the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, November 3 at 1:00 p.m.
Buffalo and New Orleans will meet for the 10th time in the regular season this week. The Bills are 4-5 in their previous nine meetings against the Saints. This week's game will mark the sixth regular season road game for Buffalo in their series against New Orleans (3-2). The two teams have squared off twice in the month of October, splitting the two contests at one game a piece.
BILLS-SAINTS SERIES HIGHS
Bills: 115, Thurman Thomas 12/20/1992 @ NO
Saints: 130, Deuce McAllister 10/2/2005 @ NO
Bills: 133, Jerry Butler 9/21/1980 @ NO
Saints: 129, Donte' Stallworth 10/2/2005 @ NO
Bills: 295, Joe Ferguson 9/21/1980 @ NO
Saints: 302, John Fourcade 12/10/1989 @ BUF
• Bills HC Doug Marrone was the Offensive Coordinator for the New Orleans Saints from 2006-08. He also played for the Saints in 1989.
• Buffalo Director of Player Personnel Jim Monos was an Area Scout for New Orleans from 2005-12.
• Bills DT Jay Ross enter the NFL in 2010 as an undrafted free agent with New Orleans
• Saints ST Assistant Stan Kwan served in the same role with the Bills from 2010-12.
• New Orleans CB Jabari Greer entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Bills in 2004 and played in Buffalo for five seasons (2004-08).
• Bills CB Justin Rogers (Baton Rouge) and Kyle Williams (Ruston) hail from the state of Louisiana.
• Williams (2002-05), Bills CB Ron Brooks (2007-11) and QB Matt Flynn (2003-07) each played collegiately at Louisiana State.
• Bills LB Manny Lawson and Saints LB Parys Haralson manned the San Francisco 49ers' defense from 2006-10.
• Buffalo TE Scott Chandler and Saints RB Darren Sproles shared a locker room with the San Diego Chargers in 2007 and 2008.
• Bills QB Thad Lewis and Saints TE Benjamin Watson were both a part of the Cleveland Browns in 2011 and 2012.
• Buffalo DT Marcell Dareus and Saints RB Mark Ingram played at the University of Alabama together from 2008-10. They helped lead the Crimson Tide to 2010 BCS National Championship as the Defensive and Offensive MVP's.
• Bills LS Garrison Sanborn and Saints NT Brodrick Bunkley shared a locker room at Florida State from 2003-05.
• Buffalo OT Cordy Glenn and Saints DT John Jenkins played on opposite sides of the ball for the University of Georgia during the 2011 season.
• Bills S Da'Norris Searcy and Saints ILB Kevin Reddick were both UNC Tar Heels in the 2009 and 2010 seasons.
• Bills WR Marquise Goodwin and Saints S Kenny Vaccaro played together at the University of Texas from 2009-12. Bills DB Aaron Williams was also a key contributor for the Longhorns during the 2009 and 2010 seasons.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
QB Thad Lewis
• 82 passing yards to reach 500 in 2013
• Two passing touchdowns to tally five in his NFL career
RB C.J. Spiller
• One 100-yard rushing game for his eighth such game and to break a tie for sole possession of eighth-most in team history (Antowain Smith, 7)
• 11 rushing yards to move into 12th in team history (Kenneth Davis: 2,460)
• 50 rushing yards to reach 2,500 in his career
• 79 receiving yards to record 1,000 in his career
RB Fred Jackson
• With a start on Sunday, would mark the 50th of his NFL career
• One rushing touchdown to move into a tie with Jack Kemp for seventh most in team history (25)
• 33 receiving yards to join Thurman Thomas (11,938 / 4,341) as the second player in team history to post 4,000 rushing and 2,000 receiving yards
WR Stevie Johnson
• Will extend his current streak of consecutive games with a catch to 55 with a reception on Sunday
• Four catches to move into 10th in team history (Jerry Butler - 278)
• 26 receiving yards to move into 10th in Bills history (Josh Reed: 3,575)
TE Scott Chandler
• Will match Reuben Grant (15) for third-most among touchdown catches among Bills tight ends all-time with his next scoring grab
DE Mario Williams
• Will extend his consecutive games with a sack to five with a quarterback takedown on Sunday
• 1.5 sacks to record 75 in his NFL career
• 4.0 sacks to match a personal single-season best of 14.0 (2007)
DT Marcell Dareus
• 1.5 sacks to match single-season personal bests of 5.5 in 2011 and 2012
LB Kiko Alonso
• Two interceptions to match a franchise record among rookie linebackers set by Mike Stratton in 1963 (6)
• Five tackles to record 75 in his rookie campaign
CB Justin Rogers
• Will set a personal single-season best of two interceptions with his next pick (1 in 2011, 2012 and 2013)
FS Jairus Byrd
• One multi-interception game to become the third Bill with five multi-pick games (Tom Janik - 6 and Billy Atkins - 5)
K Dan Carpenter
• Will match Rian Lindell (16 - 11/4/12-12/23/12) for the third-longest consecutive field goals made streak if he connects on his next try
• Six points to tally 600 in his NFL career CB/PR Leodis McKelvin
• 12 punt return yards to move into fourth in team history (Kevin Williams - 700)