Caesars Superdome, New Orleans, LA.
Bills 31, Saints 6
Bills (7-4), Saints (5-6)
Bills vs. New England Patriots on Monday Night Football on ESPN, Dec. 6
For the full box score from today's game, click >> Link
Here's a list of notable team notes from tonight's game …
- Bills are now 7-4 and tied with the Patriots (7-4) for first place in the AFC East (Patriots host Tennessee on Sunday)
- Bills won their first game against the Saints since Dec. 27, 1998 (45-33) and ended a five-game losing streak to the franchise.
- Bills have won consecutive games on Thanksgiving (Nov. 28, 2019, Bills 26, Cowboys 15), Buffalo is now 5-4-1 on Thanksgiving.
- Sean McDermott coached in his 75th career game with the Bills – the third-most games in team history (Marv Levy – 182, Lou Saban – 117). McDermott has a 45-30 record in his career.
- Bills handed the Saints their first loss on Thanksgiving (Saints are now 3-1 on the holiday)
- It's also the first loss for Sean Payton on a major holiday – now 6-1 on Thanksgiving (3-1), Halloween (2-0) and Christmas (1-0)
- Sean Payton also suffered his first loss against Buffalo and is now 3-1 against the Bills.
- Bills produced 300+ yards for the 21st consecutive game – the longest active streak in the NFL
- The Bills remain the only team to not allow a 100-yard receiver all season (11 games)
Notable player notes ...
- Dawson Knox has set the single season team record for touchdowns by a tight end with seven touchdown receptions passing Pete Metzelaars in 1992, Jay Riemersma – 1998, and Scott Chandler in 2011 & 2012 (6).
- Josh Allen now has 3,000+ passing yards in his third consecutive season – the third Bills quarterback to achieve this feat (Jim Kelly – 1991-95 and Ryan Fitzpatrick – 2010-2012).
- Allen now has 25 touchdowns in the first 11 games of a season - tying a team record held by Jim Kelly (1991)
- Ed Oliver recorded his first sack of the season
- Jordan Poyer produced his 20th career interception and 5th of the 2021 season
- Tre'Davious White (knee) - Out
- Cody Ford (arm) - Returned to the game