The Buffalo Bills exercised some demons and blew out the Tennessee Titans 41-7 on Monday Night Football. The Bills picked up right where they left off after Week 1 and dominated on both sides of the ball as Josh Allen tied a career-high with 4 TD passes, 3 of which went to WR Stefon Diggs.
Buffalo's defense forced four turnovers, including a pick-six in the second half.
Here's a recap of important things to know from the game, key stats and highlights.
Top Things to Know:
- The Bills are the only team that has scored a TD on both of its opening drives so far this season.
- The Bills won a Monday Night Football game for the first time since 1994.
- The Bills open a season 2-0 for the 3rd time in 4 seasons (also 2019 & 2020) and 19th time in team history.
- WR Stefon Diggs is the first NFL player since Carolina WR Steve Smith (2007) with at least 250 receiving yards and four receiving touchdowns in his team's first two games of a season.
- Diggs tied his career high with 3 receiving TDs. Allen tied his career high with 4 passing TDs.
- Josh Allen currently leads all NFL players in 2022 with eight total touchdowns.
- Diggs is now the second Bill with two 100+ receiving yard games to open a season, joining Andre Reed in 1991.
- Matt Milano's pick-six marked the Bills first INT TD since Micah Hyde's 26 yard INT TD at KC (10/10) in 2021.
- Josh Allen tallied his 15th career 300-yard game, which remains the second-most in team history.
- The Bills have outscored opponents 72-17 through two games.
- Since the start of last season, the Bills have 3 games with 40 points and 4 forced turnovers. That's as many as the rest of the NFL combined.
- Stefon Diggs had 3 rec TD on Monday Nigh Football for the second time in his career (Week 16, 2020 against the Patriots). The only other player to catch 3+ TD in multiple MNF games is Jerry Rice
- Matt Milano ruled out for the game (stinger).
- Micah Hyde ruled out for the game with a neck injury.
- Jordan Phillips ruled out with a hamstring injury.
- Dane Jackson was taken to ECMC for evaluation of a neck injury. He will be getting a CT scan and an x-ray. Jackson has full movement in extremities.
9:16 1Q BUF 7 TEN 0 | Josh Allen 11-yard TD pass to Reggie Gilliam
5:27 1Q BUF 7 TEN 7 | Derrick Henry 2-yard TD rush
7:25 2Q BUF 10 TEN 7 | Tyler Bass 49-yard field goal
1:07 2Q BUF 17 TEN 7 | Josh Allen 4-yard TD pass to Stefon Diggs
10:26 3Q BUF BUF 24 TEN 7 | Josh Allen 46-yard TD pass to Stefon Diggs
7:36 3Q BUF 27 TEN 7 | Tyler Bass 37-yard field goal is good
5:38 3Q BUF 34 TEN 7 | Josh Allen 14-yard TD pass to Stefon Diggs
3:58 3Q BUF 41 TEN 7 | Matt Milano 43-yard INT return for TD
See the best game photos from Bills vs. Titans on Monday Night Football during Week 2