Orchard Park, New York
Buffalo Bills 24, New England Patriots 21
Bills (6-2), Patriots (2-5)
Vs Seattle Seahawks
- With the win, the Bills defeated the Patriots for the first time since 2016 and win at home vs. New England for the first time since 2011. Sean McDermott also recorded his first win as a head coach against Bill Belichick
- The Bills start 6-2 for the second consecutive season, marking the first time with consecutive 6-2 or better records since 1988-1993.
- Zack Moss scored his first career rushing touchdown in the first quarter and rushed for another score in the third. Moss is the first Bill with two rushing touchdowns in a game since Josh Allen in 2019. He is the first Bills running back to do so since LeSean McCoy in 2018.
- Quinton Jefferson sacked Cam Newton, to end the Patriots second drive of the game. That is Jefferson's second sack of the season.
- At the end of the first quarter the Bills were leading the Patriots 7-0. That is the first lead the Bills have had at home against the Patriots since 2016.
- On the Bills last drive of the first half, Josh Allen was intercepted by JC Jackson. That is Allen's fifth interception of the season, and it allowed the Patriots to score a field goal at the end of the first half.
- Jerry Hughes had 1.0 sack in today's game. He now has 49.5 career sack and surpassed Kyle Williams (48.5) for the fifth-most sacks in franchise history.
- Josh Allen scored his fourth rushing touchdown of the season to put the Bills up 21-14 at the start of the fourth quarter. The score was Allen's 20th total touchdown of the season. He set a new franchise record for total touchdowns in the first eight games of a season, surpassing Jim Kelly's 19 touchdowns in 1991.
- The Bills running game was very effective today against the Patriots. Both running backs Devin Singletary and Zack Moss had their best games of the season. Singletary finished with 14 rushes for 86 yards, and Moss had 14 for 81. The averaged 6.1 and 5.8 yards per carry respectively.
- Jordan Poyer had 11 tackles in today's game. That is the third time this season that Poyer has had 10+ tackles in a game.
- To win the game, Justin Zimmer forced Cam Newton to fumble in the red zone. It was recovered by Dean Marlowe.
C Mitch Morse: Concussion – OUT
RB Taiwan Jones: Hamstring – OUT