Buffalo Bills 38, New England Patriots 09
Bills (12-3), Patriots (6-9)
vs Miami Dolphins
- With the win over the Patriots, the Bills improved their record to 12-3 and moved into the No. 2 seed in the AFC. It is the first time the team has won 12 games in a season since 1993.
- The Bills improved to 6-2 in road games, tallying at least 6 road wins in back-to-back years (6-2 in 2019) for the first time in franchise history.
- Buffalo has swept New England for the first time since 1999. That is the first time the Patriots was swept by an AFC East foe since the Dolphins and the Jets each did it in 2000.
- With three touchdowns: the Bills posted their fourth 50-TD season in team history joining 1991 (58), 1975 (57), and 1990 (53).
- In the first quarter, the Bills perfectly executed a fake punt which had safety Jaquon Johnson complete a pass 13 yards to Siran Neal. Johnson's pass was the third completion this season by a Bills non-QB, joining TD passes by Isaiah McKenzie (11/15 at Ari.) and Cole Beasley (11/29 vs. L.A.C.). This marks the first time ever that Bills had three non-QBs complete passes in a season (had 2 players with completions in 1969, 1971, 1972, 1980, and 2009).
- On one of the three touchdown drives of the first half, Zack Moss ran it in for a five-yard touchdown, which marks the rookie's fourth rushing touchdown of the season. The second touchdown drive ended with Lee Smith catching a four-yard touchdown pass from Josh Allen which was Allen's 40th total touchdown of the season.
- With the big 50-yard touchdown for Stefon Diggs at the end of the first half, he has now set a new single-season receiving yardage record by a Bills receiver. He passes Eric Moulds who set the record with 1,368 yards in 1998. Diggs is also the first Bill with 50+ yard reception in consecutive games since Terrell Owens in games 10-11, 2009 (98-yd TD at Jax. 11/22 and 51-yd. TD vs. Mia. 11/29).
- Josh Allen finished the game 27-36 for 320 yards and four touchdowns. With 378 completions so far this season, Allen has set a new single season franchise record for most completions in a season. He passed Drew Bledsoe (375) who set the record back in 2002. Allen also set a new franchise record with eight 300-yard games in a single season.
- Stefon Diggs continued his dominance throughout the second half finishing the game with 9 catches for 145 yards and 3 touchdowns. He tallied his seventh 100-yard game of the season, tying the franchise record set by Andre Reed (7, 1989) and Eric Moulds (7, 2000). Diggs now has the most catches (120) by a veteran player in his first year with a new team. Only Brandon Marshall (118) had more in 2012 with Chicago.
- The four passing touchdowns from Allen in today's game give him 34 for the season and sets another franchise record. He passed Jim Kelly on the list who had 33 passing touchdowns during the 1991 season.
- Stefon Diggs hauled in three receiving touchdowns which tied a career-high for receiving touchdowns in a game (3 TD's against Philadelphia in 2019). Diggs is the first Bill with three receiving touchdowns since Stevie Johnson in 2010.
S Jordan Poyer (Head) – Returned to Game