Orchard Park, New York
Buffalo Bills 27, Los Angeles Chargers 17
Bills (8-3), Chargers (3-8)
@ San Francisco 49ers on Monday Night Football
- Sean McDermott is now 4-0 as Bills head coach when the Bills are coming off of a bye.
- With the Bills win, they start 8-3 in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1995-96. They will have sole possession of first place in the AFC East this late into a season for the first time since 1996 (Week 13).
- Josh Allen tallied his 23rd win as the Bills quarterback, taking sole possession of the fifth-most wins in team history surpassing Tyrod Taylor with 22.
- Under Sean McDermott the Bills have won 29 consecutive games when leading by 10+ points at halftime. That is the second longest active streak in the NFL.
- Dawson Knox hauled in a two-yard touchdown pass which was his first of the season. Knox becomes the 12th different Bills player to catch a touchdown this season, furthering the franchise record the team has already established.
- *Trick Play Alert* Cole Beasley threw a beautiful 20-yards touchdown pass to Gabriel Davis in the second quarter. That is Beasley's first pass completion of his career, and it marks the fourth touchdown reception of the season for Davis.
- With both Isaiah McKenzie and Cole Beasley having thrown touchdowns this year, the Bills have now had two non-QBs throw a touchdown pass this season. It is just the second time in franchise history, the other time was in 2009 when Fred Jackson and Brian Moorman both threw a touchdown pass.
- Josh Allen ran in his sixth rushing touchdown of the season. That marks Allen's 15th career game with a passing and rushing touchdown, the second most by an QB in their first three NFL seasons behind only Cam Newton with 20. Allen's 15 such games are by far the most in the NFL since he entered the league in 2018. Kyler Murray (9), Deshaun Watson (8), Dak Prescott (8).
- Stefon Diggs finished the day with seven receptions for 39 yards. Diggs is now tied for the most consecutive 4+ receptions games in Bills franchise history. Stefon Diggs (11), Stevie Johnson (11), Eric Moulds (11).
- With 23 first downs for the Bills today, it marks the 11th consecutive game with 20+ first downs. That surpasses the previous franchise record of 10 games in 1992 (games 1-10).
- Tre'Davious White snagged his second interception of the season and his 14th of his career. That set up a Tyler Bass field goal to put the Bills up 27-17 in the fourth quarter.
- The Bills sacked Justin Herbert three times, with A.J. Klein having 1.5 sacks, Ed Oliver with 1 sack, and Jerry Hughes with 0.5 sack. Klein with 1.5 sacks extends his sack streak to three games, which marks his career-long.
OT Bryan Bulaga (Illness) –Did Not Return
LB Denzel Perryman (Back) – Did Not Return